Needless to say, our first and foremost wish for 2013 is for all Cubans to finally enjoy the same human, civil and political rights as the overwhelming number of citizens of this Western Hemisphere.
And in that struggle for freedom, we share in Yoani Sanchez's wish that the Ladies in White, the courageous pro-democracy movement composed of the wives, daughters and other relatives of Cuban political prisoners, receive the 2013 Nobel Peace Prize.
These extraordinary women face down weekly beatings and arrests by the Castro regime's thugs, as they assemble and march through the streets of Havana, Santiago, Holguin and cities throughout Cuba, to attend Mass.
Their heroic efforts for freedom, democracy and human dignity, deserve the world's recognition.
Happy New Year!
- ► 2014 (880)
- ► 2013 (1251)
12/30 - 01/06
- In Some Good News
- Punishing Rosa Maria Paya
- Cuba's Rosa Parks
- The EU's Immoral Ambassador to Cuba
- Dramatic Rise in Religious Freedom Violations
- How Castro Rules Venezuela
- Under Raul, Political Arrests Prevail
- (Yet) Another Repressor Gets a U.S. Visa
- Raul's Hallucinatory GDP Growth
- Tweet of the New Year
- Calls For Investigation Into Paya's Death
- Chavez on Life Support
- Our New Year's Wish
- It's Time to Take Off the Gag
- Remembering Danny Lopez de Moya
- A Voice of Solidarity From Spain
- On Carromero's "Trial"
- The Price Paid For Carromero's Repatriation
- ▼ 12/30 - 01/06 (18)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)