According to the Cuban Commission and Human Rights and National Reconciliation, there were 6,602 documented political arrests by the Castro regime in 2012.
Note these are only the arrests that are known and thoroughly documented. There are believed to be many more.
The same organization documented 4,123 political arrests in 2011 and 2,074 political arrests in 2010.
Thus, the one fact about Raul Castro's reign is a sharp increase in repression.
More "reform" you can't believe in.
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
12/30 - 01/06
- In Some Good News
- Punishing Rosa Maria Paya
- Cuba's Rosa Parks
- The EU's Immoral Ambassador to Cuba
- Dramatic Rise in Religious Freedom Violations
- How Castro Rules Venezuela
- Under Raul, Political Arrests Prevail
- (Yet) Another Repressor Gets a U.S. Visa
- Raul's Hallucinatory GDP Growth
- Tweet of the New Year
- Calls For Investigation Into Paya's Death
- Chavez on Life Support
- Our New Year's Wish
- It's Time to Take Off the Gag
- Remembering Danny Lopez de Moya
- A Voice of Solidarity From Spain
- On Carromero's "Trial"
- The Price Paid For Carromero's Repatriation
- ▼ 12/30 - 01/06 (18)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)