So shady that the Brazilian government has decided to officially "classify" documents related to Odebrecht's current business dealings with the Castro regime until the year 2027.
This is an unprecedented move, considering their heavy reliance on public financing from the Brazilian government.
Brazil's Folha de Sao Paulo reported this month that documents related to Odebrecht's business deals in Cuba will be considered a "state secret" due to strategic considerations until 2027.
Odebrecht has partnered with the Castro regime to expand the Port of Mariel for the Cuban military's trade monopolies; to create a "maquila-style" manufacturing zone to exploit Castro's slave labor; and to revive the regime's struggling sugar industry.
These are obviously very strategic sectors -- for the Castro regime, that is.
To add insult to injury, this week it was announced that Odebrecht would also also be tasked with remodeling airport terminals in Havana and other Cuban cities.
Meanwhile, ironically, Odebrecht also continues to be the darling of Miami-Dade County, where they also engage in closed-room deals, non-transparency, revolving doors and stifling competition -- all at a cost to the taxpayers.
Odebrecht is the Halliburton of Havana and Miami-Dade County.
- ► 2014 (226)
04/21 - 04/28
- Imprisoned Democracy Activist Near Death
- Tweet of the Week
- The Greatness of Our Democracy
- AP Sort-Of Corrects Mariela Castro Story
- The Damage Done by Castro's Biggest Spy
- Ladies in White Leader on U.S. Policy Toward Cuba
- Another Cuban Spy Revealed
- Note to AP: Mariela Castro is a Cuban Regime Offic...
- What Castro Does to His Own People
- Why the U.S. Embargo Remains Necessary
- U.S. Rep. Castor Relies on Spy's Report in Letter ...
- Ladies in White Leader on Capitol Hill Tomorrow
- Must-Read: Cuba's Oil Bust
- PODCAST: Interview With Problem Kids
- Dissident Nearly Beaten to Death
- A Seven-Year March From Havana to Brussels
- State Department Highlights Imprisoned Cuban Journ...
- The Cuban Spring is Almost Here
- How Shady Are Odebrecht's Business Deals?
- Say NO to Odebrecht!
- MH: Raul's Piecemeal and Illusory Changes
- Seven-Years Later: Ladies in White Receive Sakharo...
- Don't Miss Problem Kids on FWAM Today
- Only Communist Dictatorships Get a Pass
- Serving Up U.S. Students on a Platter
- Why Cuban Resorts Don't Have Wi-Fi
- ▼ 04/21 - 04/28 (26)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)