Cuban political prisoner Marcos Maikel Lima Cruz collapsed this afternoon and suffered a stroke at La Providencia Prison in eastern Cuba.
He is in grave health and has been sent to a nearby hospital.
Lima Cruz, 35-years old, was arrested on Christmas Day 2010 for celebrating a party and waving a Cuban flag while playing hip-hop songs critical of the Castro regime by the hip-hop duo, Los Aldeanos.
His father believes he suffered the stroke due to the stress and suffering he has been subject to in Castro's prisons.
Amnesty International has declared Marcos Maikel Lima Cruz a prisoner of conscience.
- ► 2014 (786)
04/14 - 04/21
- Definition of "Self-Employment" in Cuba
- Image of the Week
- Dissidents Continue Standoff in Santiago
- State Department Releases Human Rights Report
- Imprisoned Cuban Rapper Suffers a Stroke
- Castro Continues to Avoid Real Economic Reform
- Must-Read: WashPost Magazine Feature Story on Cuba...
- Former Senator Dorgan Lays a Cuba Whopper
- Quote of the Day
- Two American Hostages in Two Terrorist States
- Problem Kids: Our Song is for Freedom of Cuba
- White House Statement on Venezuela
- Today on From Washington al Mundo
- Must Listen: Cuban-American Rappers Educate Jay-Z
- Quote of the Week
- Two Poets, Two Ángels, Two Children Nobody Wanted
- Dissident Leads Standoff in Santiago
- Our Thoughts and Prayers With Boston
- Remain Vigilant: Rosa Maria Paya Returns to Cuba T...
- The Great Cuban Oil Myth is Over
- Castor Should Stop Supporting Castros
- Watch: MSNBC Discussion on Cuba Policy
- Rubio: On Jay-Z, Imprisoned Cuban Rapper and Trave...
- Tweet of the Day
- Pitbull Responds to Jay-Z's "Open Letter"
- Check Out Jay-Z's Cuba State of Mind
- Meet Imprisoned Cuban Rapper Angel Yunier Remon
- Afro-Cuban Loses His Job Through NYT
- ▼ 04/14 - 04/21 (28)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)