A couple of weeks ago, a group of (literally) pro-Castro activists (mostly foreigners) held a forum and march in Washington, D.C. in support of five (now four) Cuban spies imprisoned in the U.S.
It's always fascinating to watch pro-Castro activists use democracy to support a dictatorship.
Donning their Che berets and "Viva la Revolucion!" signs, they marched in front of The White House and held various speaking engagements, including one (of course) at the Cuban Interests Section, where they held a teleconference with Rene Gonzalez, one the five spies who completed his prison term and was returned to Cuba (thus, now four remaining).
An item that was curiously on their agenda was a "Reception at Capitol Hill hosted by a U.S. Congressman."
However, no details were included.
Was this U.S. Congressman too embarrassed to be hosting an event in favor of Cuban spies convicted in U.S. federal court for, among other things, conspiracy to commit murder and infiltrating U.S. military facilities?
Never missing a propaganda opportunity, the Castro regime's state media revealed that the Congressional hosts were U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush (D-IL) and U.S. Rep. Yvette Clark (D-NY) -- below is a picture of them at the event.
Apparently, there was even a video of the entire event also, but it has since been removed.
Are U.S. Reps. Rush and Clarke too embarrassed to be seen and heard praising the Cuban dictatorship and its spies?
Maybe not -- but they should be.
- ► 2015 (175)
- ► 2014 (1177)
06/16 - 06/23
- No, I'm Not Going to the World Cup
- Young Cuban Democracy Leader to be Posthumously Ho...
- A Closer Look at Raul's Real Estate Scam
- Quote of the Month
- Is State Listening to Obama?
- A "Blind Spot" on Cuba?
- Punk Breeds Freedom
- Castro Tries to Coerce U.S. Again
- Castro Gives Canadian Business Partner 9-Year Pris...
- State: Cuba Remains Major Child Sex and Forced Lab...
- Fact vs. Marketing Cuba Travel
- Cuba: Reform or Regression?
- Today on "From Washington al Mundo"
- In My Humble Opinion, Pt. 45
- Castro Knocks Off Assad's "Reform" Website
- From the U.S. State Department
- Raul's Sugar Flop (Scam)
- On U.S.-Cuba Direct Mail Talks
- Two U.S. Reps. Host Reception in Support of Cuban ...
- Great Point on Child-Sex Predators in Cuba
- Meet Political Prisoner(s) Osvaldo Rodriguez Acost...
- Cuba Tourism Continues Decline
- NEW TIME: "From Washington al Mundo" Moves to 6 PM...
- ▼ 06/16 - 06/23 (23)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)