In a dispute among crooks, the International Chamber of Commerce's Court of Arbitration ("ICC"), based in Paris, has ruled that the Castro regime must compensate Chilean businessman Max Marambio $17.5 million for the confiscation of his company in 2010.
Marambio was a bodyguard of former Chilean President Salvador Allende, who traveled to Cuba after the 1973 coup and made a fortune doing dirty deeds and business deals for the Castro brothers.
This came to an abrupt end in 2010, pursuant to a dispute between Marambio and the Castros.
Soon thereafter, Marambio's half in his joint venture with Castro, a food company known as "Rio Zaza," was confiscated and its Chilean General Manager was mysteriously found dead in a Havana apartment.
Marambio's karma for his own years of misdeeds will surely come in trying to collect the $17.5 million from Castro.
And still, some talk about "business opportunities" in Cuba.
- ► 2014 (1017)
07/21 - 07/28
- Arbitration Court Rules Against Castro Regime
- Let Cuba be Cuban, Again
- Key Pieces in Cuba's Political Chess Game
- Tweets of the Day (July 26th)
- Quote of the Week
- Is This the Model We Want for Cuba?
- The Facts About South Africa and Cuba Sanctions
- Who Taught Cubans Incivility and Disrespect?
- Caught on Film: Female Activist Mauled
- Must-See: Cuban Protest Rapper Severely Beaten
- Cuban Metal Band Defects, Castro "Shocked"
- Can Cuba's SA-2 Missiles Be Used Offensively?
- A Bloody Hero for UNESCO
- Raul Looks to Create the "New Bureaucrat"
- Jay-Z: Boycott Florida, Vacation in Cuba
- Iran and Cuba Reinvigorate Ties
- Cuba and North Korea: Brothers in “Arms”
- International Leaders Urge U.N. to Investigate Pay...
- Must-Read: A Year After the Crime
- Today on "From Washington al Mundo"
- American Express Fined $5 Million for Cuba Sanctio...
- The Ones That Got Away: At Least 7 Other Cuba-Nort...
- Must-See: Cuban and North Korean Generals During H...
- Functional Cuban MiG-21 Jets Found
- MH Editorial Board: Keep Cuba on Terrorist List
- Ten Questions for Cuba's Defense Minister
- ▼ 07/21 - 07/28 (26)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)