It sure sounds that way -- or at least giving the "green light" for one of his South American cronies to do so.
Here is an English translation of last night's statement from Castro's Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
A few hours ago, several European governments denied or reneged, with technical excuses, overflight and landing permission for the plane of the President of Boliva, Evo Morales Ayma. This constitutes an inadmissible, unfounded and arbitrary act, which offends all of Latin America and the Caribbean.
Days before, the United Stated threatened Ecuador, a sister country, with coercive economic measures. This cannot be tolerated by any means, it injures all of our America and deserves international condemnation.
The foreign ministry of the Republic of Cuba is following with serious concern the events of recent weeks in relation to the significant denunciations of U.S. citizen Edward Snowden, which confirmed the existence of a global system of espionage carried out by the United States that trampled on the sovereignty of states and rights of individuals.
Cuba calls on the international community to mobilize against these violations of international law and human rights.
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
06/30 - 07/07
- Must-Read: Want to do Business in Cuba?
- Listen: Totalitarian Modus Operandi & Stolen Artwo...
- Yasiel Puig Celebrates His Freedom
- Castro Paved Way for Cronies on Snowden
- Italian Bank Fined for Sanctions Violations
- Dissidents Urge Obama to Keep Sanctions
- WT: Cuban Dissidents, Talks & Washington
- Maduro Stops in Havana for Latest Orders
- A Venezuelan Circus Without a Ringmaster
- Happy Independence Day
- South Africa and Cuba: Similar Struggle, Different...
- Is Castro Paving the Way for Snowden?
- Fariñas (Finally) Collects EU Human Rights Prize
- Tweets of the Day
- More "Experimental" Cooperatives Nonsense
- Bye Bye (Again) Alarcon
- Results of Raul's "Reforms": Stagnation, Bicycles ...
- Fariñas to Receive Sakharov Prize
- Feminist Vanden Heuvel Sure Likes Strongmen
- Snowden Requests Asylum in Cuba
- Cuban LGBT Activists: Don't Let Mariela Fool You
- Castro's "Machista" Attacks Against Female Disside...
- Must-Read: In President Obama's Own Words
- Castro Confiscates His Own
- From "Free the Five" to "Free the Jackal"
- The Machete Dictatorship
- How Dictators Exploit Exiles
- ▼ 06/30 - 07/07 (27)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)