The Castro regime has called on the U.N. Security Council to prevent the U.S. from launching a punitive military strike against Syria's Assad regime for its illegal use of chemical weapons.
According to a statement from Cuba's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a U.S. military strike against Assad's regime would be against international law.
Ironically, this comes from a regime that recently got caught smuggling weapons to U.N. Security Council-sanctioned North Korea -- a blatant violation of international law.
Moreover, the Castro regime makes no mention of Assad's use of chemical weapons, which is a vile violation of international law.
Then again, the Castros are no strangers to the use of chemical weapons themselves.
And, of course, the Castros include their usual rhetoric that a U.S. military strike would be against the "sovereignty, independence and self-determination" of the Syrian people.
Yet, no Syrian has ever elected Assad (as no Cuban has ever elected Castro).
And what about the universal right of their people not to be arbitrarily imprisoned, tortured and slaughtered (not to mention, gassed)?
Guess it shouldn't be a surprise to see these "two-bit dictators" (as Secretary of State Kerry correctly referred to Assad) stick together.
- ► 2014 (226)
09/01 - 09/08
- Ten-Years Later: Young Cubans Serving Life Sentenc...
- Cuban Baseball Needs a #HomeRunofSilence
- Image: "Anti-Imperialists" Take a McDonalds Break
- Corruption Leaves Venezuela in the Dark
- Justice is Timeless
- Young Female Dissident Expelled From University #S...
- Must-See: Cuban Doctor Addresses Brazil's Congress...
- Good Questions on Cuban Doctors
- Rousseff Says No to U.S. Visit, Yes to Cuba
- Why We Support the Syria Resolution
- Iran and Cuba's Joint (Propaganda) Campaign for Sy...
- Image: Cuban Dissident Sends Clear Message of Chan...
- Returning Guantanamo to (a Free and Democratic) Cu...
- Over 478 Political Arrests in August
- Did You Know Cubans Can't Board This Vessel?
- Castro Asks U.N. Security Council to Protect Assad...
- In My Humble Opinion, Pt. 46
- Video: Secret Police Tries to Impede "Estado de Sa...
- (Another) Strange Death in Cuba
- Media Concerned About Swimmer, Ignores Repression ...
- Lifting Sanctions Would Only Benefit Cuba's Milita...
- Tweet of the Week
- Sunday Special: Economic "Reforms" in Cuba
- Attempts Against Female Democracy Leader's Life
- ▼ 09/01 - 09/08 (24)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)