The latest Castro bio-scam gets stranger by the minute.
As of yesterday, we knew that former U.S. Representative Bill Delahunt (D-MA) and former New Hampshire Governor John Sununu (R-NH) were lobbying for Healiance Pharmaceuticals, a mysterious company owned by a (similarly mysterious) foreign company, Digen Pharmaceuticals.
Delahunt is registered to lobby for Healiance. Sununu is not.
(Prior to Delahunt, Healiance's lobbyist was Janice O'Connell, former foreign relations staffer to U.S. Senator Chris Dodd (D-CT) and defender of the Cuban regime.)
We also knew that they successfully "pitched" U.S. Rep. Joe Garcia (D-FL) into supporting a Congressional letter asking for U.S. approval of a purported diabetes treatment concocted by Castro's Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (CGEB).
Neither Delahunt or Sununu are registered to lobby for Castro's CGEB under the Lobbying Disclosure Act or the Foreign Agents Registration Act.
Today, the economic site, Cuba Standard reports (pursuant to an interview with Delahunt):
"A U.S. subsidiary of Chemo Group, a Vienna, Austria-based pharmaceutical company with roots in Spain, contracted a duo of former power players in Washington to pave the way for the sale of a Cuban diabetes drug in the United States.
Chemo Group, which does business in the United States from offices in New Jersey under the Everett Laboratories brand name, has contracted the lobbying services of former New Hampshire Gov. and Havana native John Sununu, and of Bill Delahunt, a former Congressman for Massachusetts who built a long track record seeking normalization with Cuba while in the House of Representatives."
Chemo Group and Everett Laboratories?
Why the complex web of company names?
Neither Delahunt or Sununu are registered to lobby for either Chemo Group or Everett Laboratories. As a matter of fact, nobody is.
So what are they hiding?
Why the lack of transparency?
Who is paying Castro for the licensing and how much?
Why lie about U.S. pharmaceutical research, treatments and efforts?
These are all questions Congressman Garcia should have asked beforehand.
- ► 2014 (367)
10/13 - 10/20
- Key West Should Not Fete Castro Regime
- Raul's Farm "Reforms" Are a Bust
- There is No Private Property in Cuba
- Quote of the Week: On Business in Cuba
- Quote of the Day: On Iran and Cuba
- A Stark Contrast in Journalism
- Disappearances on the Rise in Cuba
- Tweets of the Day
- AI: Death Threats Against Blind Cuban Activist
- On The Washington Post and "Cuban Five" (Spies)
- Two-Years Later: Imprisoned Canadian Businessman S...
- Letter from a Cuban Political Prisoner
- Castro-Delahunt-Sununu Bio-Scam Gets Stranger
- Brazil's (and Odebrecht's) Secret Deals With Dicta...
- Castro's Goons Don't Belong in Key West
- Dissident Awareness Campaign: Yoani Sanchez
- Quote of the Day
- Reporters Without Borders: Release Imprisoned Cuba...
- Religion and Repression in Castro's Cuba
- Why Are U.S. Reps. Garcia, Lee and Rangel Lying fo...
- Laura Pollan Continues to Lead
- Castro Business: Monopolies, Manipulation & Margin...
- Take Action for Democracy Leader Damaris Moya Port...
- Spanish Court Indicts Dictator
- US-Spain Legislators Discuss Paya Investigation
- Say NO to Fraudulent Change
- ▼ 10/13 - 10/20 (26)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)