It's no surprise that former U.S. Rep. Bill Delahunt (D-MA), now a federal lobbyist, is trying to pitch Members of Congress and the Obama Administration on Castro's latest commercial bio-scam: a diabetic foot treatment.
As a Congressman, Delahunt pushed for a similar bio-scam nearly a decade ago regarding a purported Cuban cancer vaccine. He did so alongside some of the same faces from Castro's fan club on Capitol Hill -- namely U.S. Reps. Barbara Lee (D-CA) and U.S. Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-NY).
At the time, believe it or not (with the help of a powerful pharmaceutical lobby that has apparently learned its lesson), they managed to successfully pitch the Bush Administration.
Today, Delahunt sold the same scam to U.S. Rep. Joe Garcia (D-FL).
Here's how it works:
In 2004, Castro's cancer vaccine was licensed to U.S.-based CancerVax -- for a pretty sum of cash.
Pursuant to intense lobbying, the Treasury Department caved and authorized U.S. trials for the cancer vaccine. This news, coupled with Castro's intense propaganda, helped CancerVax's stock explode -- making some people very wealthy.
Two years later, the scam was on us -- Castro's cancer vaccine was some sort of placebo.
Fast forward today, Delahunt, now a federal lobbyist, is engaged by Healiance Pharmaceuticals, a rather obscure U.S. company owned by an equally obscure foreign parent company, Digen Pharmaceuticals.
Through Delahunt's relationships with the Castro regime, the diabetic foot treatment is licensed to Healiance Pharmaceuticals -- surely, for a healthy sum (to be paid now through the foreign parent company or contingent upon Treasury approval).
Then, the lobbying campaign begins -- and if approved by Treasury, the propaganda campaign will intensify and small fortunes will be made (regardless of the results).
(As a reminder, this so-called treatment, has only been "tested" in totalitarian Cuba and authoritarian Venezuela. No developed country has commercialized it -- for a reason.)
The scam will be on us (again).
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
10/06 - 10/13
- Three Cuban Independent Journalists Arrested
- Tweet of the Day
- Repsol (Finally) Gives Up on Cuba
- U.S. Senate Condemns Venezuelan Gov't Actions
- Odebrecht Distracts Miami, While Deepening Castro ...
- Cuban Weapons Part of "Major Deal" With North Kore...
- Over 106 Political Arrests in Three Days
- Tweet of the Day
- It's Official: North Korea Fires Cuban Weapons Smu...
- More Foreign Businessmen Imprisoned in Cuba
- How Much Trade Will it Take to Free Cuba?
- How Castro's Bio-Scam Works
- Over 60 Cuban Dissidents Arrested in Regime Raid
- Cuba: The Most Expensive Health Care in the World
- Dissident Awareness Campaign: Orlando Luis Pardo L...
- Cuba: The Most Expensive Internet in the World
- Delahunt and Sununu's (Illegal?) Lobbying Push for...
- Where Absolute Control Trumps Ideology
- Venezuela on the Path to Implosion
- Sunday Repression Against Cuban Democracy Activist...
- Must-Read: Cheap Flesh of the Cuban Revolution
- Gloria Estefan Talks Cuba With Larry King
- Peddling a False Division Among Cubans
- Only Iran (and North Korea) Rank Worse
- ▼ 10/06 - 10/13 (24)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)