Earlier this week, Odebrecht's public relations team placed a story in The Miami Herald seeking to clean up its image.
The article gushes about how Odebrecht supposedly "cares" about Miami-Dade County (by partnering with the Cuban dictatorship that has tortured, imprisoned, executed and/or exiled its constituents and their families).
Aren't they considerate?
Now -- to add insult to insensitivity and injury -- it's clear that this story was just a timely distraction, as Odebrecht's executives are currently huddled in Havana in a two-day meeting with Cuban regime officials over how to develop the Castro's sugar and renewable energy sector.
Odebrecht did such efficient work for the Castro regime on its new $900 million Port of Mariel container facility, that it has since been granted (decreed) projects in Cuba's airport and sugar sectors.
Today, they are the Castro regime's single-most reliable foreign business partner.
And yet, Odebrecht still feels it deserves the gratitude (and money) of the Cuban-American community, from which it has extracted billions in taxpayer funds, all while exploiting our friends and families on the island.
- ► 2014 (783)
10/06 - 10/13
- Three Cuban Independent Journalists Arrested
- Tweet of the Day
- Repsol (Finally) Gives Up on Cuba
- U.S. Senate Condemns Venezuelan Gov't Actions
- Odebrecht Distracts Miami, While Deepening Castro ...
- Cuban Weapons Part of "Major Deal" With North Kore...
- Over 106 Political Arrests in Three Days
- Tweet of the Day
- It's Official: North Korea Fires Cuban Weapons Smu...
- More Foreign Businessmen Imprisoned in Cuba
- How Much Trade Will it Take to Free Cuba?
- How Castro's Bio-Scam Works
- Over 60 Cuban Dissidents Arrested in Regime Raid
- Cuba: The Most Expensive Health Care in the World
- Dissident Awareness Campaign: Orlando Luis Pardo L...
- Cuba: The Most Expensive Internet in the World
- Delahunt and Sununu's (Illegal?) Lobbying Push for...
- Where Absolute Control Trumps Ideology
- Venezuela on the Path to Implosion
- Sunday Repression Against Cuban Democracy Activist...
- Must-Read: Cheap Flesh of the Cuban Revolution
- Gloria Estefan Talks Cuba With Larry King
- Peddling a False Division Among Cubans
- Only Iran (and North Korea) Rank Worse
- ▼ 10/06 - 10/13 (24)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1032)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)