Over 30 members of the pro-democracy group, The Ladies in White, were beaten and arrested today, as they tried to gather for a meeting in Havana.
Just another day in Castro's Cuba.
Has the international community decided that such systemic violence against peaceful women in acceptable?
If not -- where's the outrage?
In case you missed it, here's a picture of Marina Paz, a member of The Ladies in White, being beaten and stripped of her symbolic white clothing last week:
- ► 2016 (646)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
12/15 - 12/22
- Meet Alejandrina Garcia de la Riva
- Preparing the Noose Over Mariel
- Quote of the Week
- Over 30 Ladies in White Arrested Today
- Questions for Raul Castro
- Raul Castro's Rule: Over 200 Deaths and Disappeara...
- Another Ridiculous "Reform": It's All About the Mo...
- Is Venezuela on the Brink of Economic Collapse?
- A Cuban Dissident's Belated Tribute to Mandela
- Pitching the Castro Family's Business Monopoly
- Missing: Cuba's Economy "Czar"
- Shaking Hands With "Libertad" in Cuba
- CNN's Fareed Zakaria (Unwittingly) Supports Cuba S...
- Another "Reformer" Gone Bad
- Appeasement Has Only Emboldened Cuba’s Dictators
- The New York Times Adopts "Anti-Mandela Lobby" Tal...
- Why Did Obama Shake Hands With My Father's Killer,...
- U.S. Lawmakers Regret Not Supporting Sanctions
- A Cuban Connection to North Korea's Purges?
- ▼ 12/15 - 12/22 (19)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)