Around the world today, men and women are still imprisoned for their political beliefs; and are still persecuted for what they look like, or how they worship, or who they love...There are too many leaders who claim solidarity with Madiba’s struggle for freedom, but do not tolerate dissent from their own people. And there are too many of us who stand on the sidelines, comfortable in complacency or cynicism when our voices must be heard.-- U.S. President Barack Obama, remarks at Nelson Mandela's memorial service in Johannesburg, South Africa, 12/10/13
at 7:37 AM Tuesday, December 10, 2013
- ► 2016 (650)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
12/08 - 12/15
- European Parliament Calls for Paya Death Investiga...
- Faces of Cuba's Pro-Democracy Movement
- Similarities: South Africa's Apartheid Regime and ...
- Must-Read: CNN Reporter Describes Interview With E...
- Cuban Band That Partook in Repression Should Not G...
- Image of the Week: A Mother Tries to Help Her Repr...
- Must-See: "Ladies in White" Beaten and Stripped Na...
- Female Dissident in Intensive Care After Beating
- State Department Condemns Castro's Repression
- The White House on the Obama-Castro Handshake
- So Much for "People-to-People"
- WaPo Editorial Board: Obama Should Extend Hand to ...
- Quote of the Day: On a Gross-for-Cuban Spies Trade...
- Over 150 Dissidents Arrested on Human Rights Day
- Treasury Fines Bank for Sanctions Violations
- Obama Defies Dictators in Mandela Speech
- Senator Cruz Walked Out on Castro Speech
- Human Rights Day: Handshake in South Africa, Repre...
- Kerry Recognizes Imprisoned Cuban Rapper
- On Today's Repression in Cuba
- Kerry: No Change in U.S. Policy Toward Cuba
- Tweet of the Day
- From The White House: On Obama-Castro Handshake
- Quote of the Day: Obama at Mandela's Memorial Serv...
- MH Editorial Board: Alan Gross Should Not Be Swapp...
- WaPo Editorial Board: Antonio Rodiles Boldly Confr...
- Letter From Rodiles to Raul
- Foolish to Think Castro Would Sacrifice His Holida...
- Cuban LGBT Activist Nearly Beaten to Death
- Tweet of the Day
- Meet the American Hostages
- ▼ 12/08 - 12/15 (31)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)