During the holidays, let's continue to highlight some of the current political prisoners that the Castro brothers would like the world to forget.
Today, we remember 30-year old dissident rapper, Angel Yunier Remon, who just spent his first Christmas in a political prison.
Yunier Remon, whose stage name is "el Critico del Arte" ('The Art Critic'), was attacked with tear gas and arrested on March 21st, 2013, for his criticism of the Castro regime.
In prison -- where he is being held without charges or trial -- Yunier has been continuously beaten, contracted various diseases, denied family visits and held naked in a punishment cell.
He has undertaken several hunger strikes to protest his cruel and arbitrary imprisonment.
Demand his freedom.
- ► 2016 (660)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
12/22 - 12/29
- Remembering Angel Yunier Remon
- How Castro's Repressive Apparatus Works
- What Castro and al-Qaeda Have in Common
- Quote of the Day: A Stark Reminder of Cuba's Trage...
- Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad
- Remembering Sonia Garro
- Eight Americans to Remember This Christmas
- Must-Read: The Myth of the Reformer Dictator
- State's Response to Raul
- Petition UNICEF Against Cuba's Political Exploitat...
- U.S. Court Indicts FARC Terrorists in Cuba
- Quote of the Month
- Over 3,000 Cuban Doctors Defected From Venezuela
- Raul's Hand
- Castro Wants U.S. to "Respect" His Totalitarian Di...
- Quote(s) of the Day: Raul and Response
- The Silent Mariel Continues
- ▼ 12/22 - 12/29 (17)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)