A recent event in Havana commemorated the launch of modern-day terrorism and the Castro regime's key role in its development.
From The Middle East Monitor:
Commemorating Palestinian armed struggle in Cuba
During a political and cultural event organised by the Embassy of Palestine in Cuba and the Arab Union of Cuba, representatives of both organisations reiterated the importance of revolutionary struggle against colonialism and imperialism. The event commemorated the launch of Palestinian armed struggle against Israel in 1965, founded by Yasser Arafat through the establishment of Fatah.
According to reports by Prensa Latina and Radio Havana Cuba, Palestinian Ambassador to Cuba Akram Samhan endorsed the continuation of armed struggle for the liberation of Palestine and denounced the Western imperialist plunder of Arab countries. Samhan also referred to the UN proclamation of 2014 as the year of international solidarity with Palestinians, adding that more countries should clamour for Palestine's full recognition at the international organisation.
Secretary General of the Arab Union of Cuba, Juan Dufflar, emphasised Cuba's "permanent, militant and irrevocable solidarity with the Palestinian cause."
- ► 2016 (646)
- ► 2015 (1080)
01/12 - 01/19
- Dissident Leaders React to Possible Review of EU C...
- Celebrating Modern-Day Terrorism in Havana
- Tweet of the Day: Warning Dissidents Prior to CELA...
- A Not-so-Veiled (and Irresponsible) Threat Against...
- Granma Editor Defects to U.S.
- Our Opposition to Odebrecht
- Tweet and Quote of the Day: A Rogue's Resort
- The Cuban Five and The Taliban Five
- Cuban General Upset His "Paladar" Was Exposed
- Cuba Supports Nuclear Iran
- Cuba: 2nd Least Free Economy in the World
- Quote of the Day: On Cuba's "Self-Employed"
- Kerry Talks Cuba at The Vatican
- A Year for (Mostly) Leaving Cuba
- Cuba: Religious Freedom Violations Increase in 201...
- Quote of the Day: On the Cuban Military's Business...
- The MININT's Paladares
- Quote of the Day: On Death of Young American in Cu...
- Free Ivan Fernandez Depestre
- Bob Graham Being "Propagandized" w/ Moot Cuba Trip...
- ▼ 01/12 - 01/19 (20)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)