Earlier this week, Leon Padron Azcuy, an independent journalist from Cubanet revealed that "Star Bien," one of those famed (and supposedly "private") Havana "paladares" featured in travel magazines, is owned by the son of Cuba's Minister of the Interior, the infamous General Abelardo Colome Ibarra.
Yesterday, General Colome Ibarra's son unexpectedly visited the independent journalist, scolded him and warned that "his father was very upset and would personally be dealing with this."
We urge the international community, including media watchdogs, to monitor Padron Azcuy's safety and well-being.
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
01/12 - 01/19
- Dissident Leaders React to Possible Review of EU C...
- Celebrating Modern-Day Terrorism in Havana
- Tweet of the Day: Warning Dissidents Prior to CELA...
- A Not-so-Veiled (and Irresponsible) Threat Against...
- Granma Editor Defects to U.S.
- Our Opposition to Odebrecht
- Tweet and Quote of the Day: A Rogue's Resort
- The Cuban Five and The Taliban Five
- Cuban General Upset His "Paladar" Was Exposed
- Cuba Supports Nuclear Iran
- Cuba: 2nd Least Free Economy in the World
- Quote of the Day: On Cuba's "Self-Employed"
- Kerry Talks Cuba at The Vatican
- A Year for (Mostly) Leaving Cuba
- Cuba: Religious Freedom Violations Increase in 201...
- Quote of the Day: On the Cuban Military's Business...
- The MININT's Paladares
- Quote of the Day: On Death of Young American in Cu...
- Free Ivan Fernandez Depestre
- Bob Graham Being "Propagandized" w/ Moot Cuba Trip...
- ▼ 01/12 - 01/19 (20)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)