Meanwhile, thousands of innocent Syrians continue to be slaughtered by the Assad regime.
When will the Obama Administration learn that these rogue regimes cannot be trusted?
From The Hill:
The effort to rid Syria of its chemical weapons has “seriously languished and stalled” because of the Assad regime's obstructionism, the Obama administration said Thursday.
Only about four percent of the chemical weapons that were supposed to be out of the country by the end of last year have been removed, said the head of the U.S. delegation to the executive council meeting of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons. The Assad regime is to blame, Ambassador Robert Mikulak said, and should be denounced by the council.
“Today we are one month past the 31 December completion date set by the council,” Mikulak said in a statement. “Almost none of the Priority One chemicals have been removed, and the Syrian government will not commit to a specific schedule for removal. This situation will soon be compounded by Syria's failure to meet the February 5th completion date set by this Council for the removal of all Priority Two chemicals.”
The delay risks becoming a major embarrassment for the White House, which endorsed Secretary of State John Kerry's plan to get Assad to turn over his chemical weapons to avoid U.S. air strikes last year. Republicans long argued that Assad never had intention of complying.
- ► 2016 (646)
- ► 2015 (1080)
01/26 - 02/02
- Cuba's Not-So-Self Employed
- Tweet of the Week: On Mexico's President in Cuba
- U.N. Cuba 2014
- Must-Watch: Gusano
- Politifact Debunks Senator Harkin: On Cuban Health...
- Cuba Summit Was Mostly Political Tourism (Circus)
- U.S. Fugitive in Cuba "Re-Surges" in BBC Documenta...
- State Department: CELAC Betrays Democratic Princip...
- Adrienne Arsht's Political Hatchet Job
- Obama Administration (Sadly) Bamboozled by Assad
- Sr. Obama Advisor: Cuba Policy Remains Focused on ...
- The Exception
- Quote of the Day: On Dilma's Cuba Project
- Tweet of the Day: Fear in Cuba
- Venezuela is Cuba's Colony
- The Engagement Model in Full Display
- Tweets of the Day: U.N. Ambassador Samantha Power ...
- IBD Editorial Board: As Leaders Praise Castro, Bea...
- CSW: Cuban Pastor Threatened and Arrested
- Ban Ki-moon's Cynical Remarks in Cuba
- Quote of the Week: From Amnesty International
- Tweet of the Week
- Miami Herald Editorial Board: The Hypocrisy Summit...
- WaPo Editorial Board: EU Mustn't Overlook Human Ri...
- Why the OAS is Irrelevant Today
- Note to Ban Ki-moon: Meet With the Victims
- Over 144 Dissidents Arrested Ahead of CELAC Summit...
- Menendez Foes Stumble in Smear Campaign
- Tweet of the Day
- Dissidents Arrested Ahead of CELAC Summit
- ▼ 01/26 - 02/02 (30)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)