Last month, we posted how Cuba's Castro regime and Al Qaeda are both holding elderly, Jewish, American development workers hostage in order to coerce the U.S. into unilateral negotiations and concessions.
The similarities are quite startling.
Now today, video has surfaced of the Taliban's American hostage, a young soldier being held captive in Afghanistan, who they want exchanged for five senior terrorists ("Taliban Five") imprisoned by the U.S.
Once again, striking similarity to the Castro regime's hostage-taking of American development worker Alan Gross, who it wants exchanged for the infamous "Cuban Five" (though now four).
The Castro regime reiterated its ransom demand last week to Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary of State, Alex Lee, during migrations talks in Havana.
While Secretary of State John Kerry and other senior Administration officials have outright rejected the possibility of such an exchange, Lee instead decided to take it upon himself to simply "take note" of the Castro regime's ransom demand -- in order to not offend his hosts.
(Lee also heaped praise on the "tone" of his talks with the Castro regime, while simultaneously scores of dissidents were being "actively" beaten and arrested, including some who are physically handicapped.)
Great way to keep emboldening such reprehensible behavior.
From USA Today:
'Proof of life' video of captured soldier surfaces
Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, the military's only missing service member in Afghanistan, is alive although in declining health, according to a video obtained by the Pentagon.
Col. Steve Warren, a Pentagon spokesman, confirmed that the video shows Bergdahl, who was captured by the Taliban more than four years ago.
Bergdahl was 23 when he disappeared from his base in southeastern Afghanistan on June 30, 2009. Last June, the Taliban said it would free Bergdahl in exchange for five senior officials held by the United States at the prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
- ► 2016 (646)
- ► 2015 (1080)
01/12 - 01/19
- Dissident Leaders React to Possible Review of EU C...
- Celebrating Modern-Day Terrorism in Havana
- Tweet of the Day: Warning Dissidents Prior to CELA...
- A Not-so-Veiled (and Irresponsible) Threat Against...
- Granma Editor Defects to U.S.
- Our Opposition to Odebrecht
- Tweet and Quote of the Day: A Rogue's Resort
- The Cuban Five and The Taliban Five
- Cuban General Upset His "Paladar" Was Exposed
- Cuba Supports Nuclear Iran
- Cuba: 2nd Least Free Economy in the World
- Quote of the Day: On Cuba's "Self-Employed"
- Kerry Talks Cuba at The Vatican
- A Year for (Mostly) Leaving Cuba
- Cuba: Religious Freedom Violations Increase in 201...
- Quote of the Day: On the Cuban Military's Business...
- The MININT's Paladares
- Quote of the Day: On Death of Young American in Cu...
- Free Ivan Fernandez Depestre
- Bob Graham Being "Propagandized" w/ Moot Cuba Trip...
- ▼ 01/12 - 01/19 (20)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)