This morning, Cuban democracy leader, Dr. Oscar Elias Biscet, and seven other members of his Emilia Project movement, were brutally beaten and arrested for leading a march in solidarity with Venezuelan protesters.
During the peaceful march, they carried images of Venezuelan opposition leaders, Leopoldo Lopez and Henrique Capriles Radonski.
Dr. Biscet is a former Amnesty International prisoner of conscience and a Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient.
Others arrested include Agustín Figueroa Galindo, Guillermo Rodríguez Cárdenas, Gregorio Díaz Torres, Emilio Rodríguez Otero, Ramón Mora Hernández , Alejandro Torres Samón and Midalis Pelier.
at 5:23 PM Tuesday, February 25, 2014
- ► 2016 (548)
- ► 2015 (1080)
02/23 - 03/02
- Are Cuban Special Forces Shooting Venezuelan Prote...
- Tweet of the Day: Venezuela Is Not Subject to Nego...
- Quote of the Day: Venezuelan Blogger to Jimmy Cart...
- Image of the Day: Fidel and Venezuela
- How Cuba Exports Repression to Venezuela
- Tweet of the Day: On Cuba's Violation of Venezuela...
- RWB: Dissident Blogger Completes Year in Detention...
- Senate Resolution Targets Venezuelan Rights Violat...
- Quote of the Week: Secretary Kerry on Imprisoned C...
- Cuba Sanctions Serve U.S. Interests
- Castro Regime Requires Firm Hand, Not Velvet Glove...
- Russian Spy Ship Docked in Havana
- Quote of the Day: Damaris Moya Portieles
- Tweet of the Day: Russian Bases in "Zone of Peace"...
- Image of the Day: Venezuela's Ladies in White
- The Castro Caucus
- Cuban Democracy Leader Dr. Oscar Elias Biscet Beat...
- El Que Se Cansa, Pierde
- Must-Watch: Rubio Floor Speech on Cuba, Venezuela
- Jeff Flake Hosts Religious (Political) Persecutors...
- To Confront Maduro is to Confront Castro
- Polling With an Agenda
- Arsht Center's Week-in-Review: Ignore Venezuela, T...
- Over 70 Ladies in White Arrested Sunday
- An Act of Terrorism by Cuba's Regime
- WSJ: Cuba's Role Behind the Turmoil in Venezuela
- Maduro Wants Talks With Obama, Not Opposition
- Their Sacrifice Will Not Be in Vain
- Iran Delegation Heads to Cuba, Syria & Lebanon
- ▼ 02/23 - 03/02 (29)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)