The Castro regime arrested over 23 dissidents from the Cuban Patriotic Union (UNPACU) today, as they tried to gather for a regional meeting of the organization in the province of Villa Clara.
Among those arrested was Sakharov Prize winner, Guillermo Farinas, who was savagely beaten and held in a freezing cell.
Farinas suffered two broken ribs from the beating.
More "reform" you can't believe in.
- ► 2016 (646)
- ► 2015 (1080)
02/16 - 02/23
- Ukraine Ousts Yanukovych, Releases Opposition Lead...
- Venezuela: Another Reason Why Cuba Remains a State...
- Answering The Economist's Question on Venezuela
- Quote of the Week: Latin America's Complicit Silen...
- Leopoldo Lopez: "I Do Not Negotiate With Dictators...
- Will Miami-Dade Commissioners Side With Odebrecht ...
- Event Tonight: D.C. Youth Forum With Rosa Maria Pa...
- It's Not Time to Change U.S. Policy Toward Cuba
- Latin America's Evildoers and Their Enablers
- Must-Watch: Young Cuban Democracy Activists Suppor...
- Proud to Stand With the "Hard-Liners"
- Cuban Democracy Leader Savagely Beaten
- Castro Rejects Banking Solution, Opts for Blackmai...
- How Much Capital Does Castro Require for "Influenc...
- A Civil Rights Movement is Happening in Cuba, Pt. ...
- WaPo Editorial Board: Cuba's Changes Are Mere Wind...
- Confiscated Cuban Sugar Mill Owners Counter Fanjul...
- Tweet of the Week
- Learn What's Happening in Venezuela
- Cuba Training Venezuelan Armed Groups
- Chairman Menendez on Protests in Venezuela
- ▼ 02/16 - 02/23 (21)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)