Reuters ran an interesting article about U.S. policy toward Cuba today.
But the first paragraph shows an unfortunate bias:
"U.S. relations with Cuba are at their best in almost two decades, but President Barack Obama seems unwilling or unable to confront a well-organized anti-Cuba lobby and push for further progress."
Adopting the propaganda and rhetoric of the Castro regime, Reuters has chosen to label those who favor freedom, democracy and human rights as being "anti-Cuba."
Has Reuters now decided to label anyone who opposes the Castro dictatorship as being "anti-Cuba"?
Has Reuters now chosen to equate Cuba to its dictatorship?
Are those who advocate for freedom in Syria and Iran considered "anti-Syria" and "anti-Iran"?
Have all dissidents and expatriates who have opposed tyranny throughout history been "against their homeland"?
Was Mandela "anti-South Africa", Walesa "anti-Poland" and Havel "anti-Czech"?
To the contrary, there is nothing more "pro-Cuban" than advocating for democracy, freedom and human rights.
- ► 2016 (646)
- ► 2015 (1080)
02/02 - 02/09
- Quote of the Day
- Cuban Doctor Files Lawsuit in Brazil
- Over 70 Dissidents Arrested in Violent Raids
- Cuban Rocker Faces Sham Trial
- Shanker Institute Condemns Repression Against Prom...
- A Civil Rights Movement is Happening in Cuba
- Bernie Sanders Wants to Outsource U.S. Jobs to Cub...
- U.N. Working Group Calls for Imprisoned Labor Lead...
- Rubio on Cuba, CELAC's Hypocrisy
- Menendez Had Warned About Alfy Fanjul
- Note to Reuters: Being Pro-Democracy is Not "Anti-...
- Quote(s) of the Day: On Cuban Doctors in Brazil
- Tweet of the Day: From Brazilian Legislator
- Cuban Doctor in Brazil Seeks Asylum
- Cuban Democracy Leader Antunez Arrested, Missing
- CNN Poll: Castro Most Disliked Tyrant Among Americ...
- Obama's "Rodman-esque" Cuba Policy
- Tweet of the Day: On Most Disliked Tyrants
- Over 1,050 Political Arrests in January
- Diaz-Balart: Fanjul Should Focus on Freedom, Not L...
- Ros-Lehtinen: Fanjul's Actions Are Shameful
- Sugar Tycoon Eyes Sweet-Deal With Castro
- Tweet of the Day
- Quote of the Day
- Pena Nieto Is for Reform, Just Not in Cuba
- ▼ 02/02 - 02/09 (25)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)