The truth is that some of the greatest accomplishments in expanding the cause of human rights have come not because of legislative decree or judicial fiat, but they came through the awesomely courageous acts of individuals, whether it is Xu Zhiyong fighting the government transparency that he desires to see in China, or Ales Byalyatski, who is demanding justice and transparency and accountability in Belarus, whether it is Angel Yunier Remon Arzuaga, who is rapping for greater political freedom in Cuba, or Eskinder Nega, who is writing for freedom of expression in Ethiopia. Every single one of these people are demonstrating a brand of moral courage that we need now more than ever.-- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, remarks at yesterday's release of the 2014 Country Reports on Human Rights, 2/27/14
at 8:43 AM Friday, February 28, 2014
- ► 2016 (650)
- ► 2015 (1080)
02/23 - 03/02
- Are Cuban Special Forces Shooting Venezuelan Prote...
- Tweet of the Day: Venezuela Is Not Subject to Nego...
- Quote of the Day: Venezuelan Blogger to Jimmy Cart...
- Image of the Day: Fidel and Venezuela
- How Cuba Exports Repression to Venezuela
- Tweet of the Day: On Cuba's Violation of Venezuela...
- RWB: Dissident Blogger Completes Year in Detention...
- Senate Resolution Targets Venezuelan Rights Violat...
- Quote of the Week: Secretary Kerry on Imprisoned C...
- Cuba Sanctions Serve U.S. Interests
- Castro Regime Requires Firm Hand, Not Velvet Glove...
- Russian Spy Ship Docked in Havana
- Quote of the Day: Damaris Moya Portieles
- Tweet of the Day: Russian Bases in "Zone of Peace"...
- Image of the Day: Venezuela's Ladies in White
- The Castro Caucus
- Cuban Democracy Leader Dr. Oscar Elias Biscet Beat...
- El Que Se Cansa, Pierde
- Must-Watch: Rubio Floor Speech on Cuba, Venezuela
- Jeff Flake Hosts Religious (Political) Persecutors...
- To Confront Maduro is to Confront Castro
- Polling With an Agenda
- Arsht Center's Week-in-Review: Ignore Venezuela, T...
- Over 70 Ladies in White Arrested Sunday
- An Act of Terrorism by Cuba's Regime
- WSJ: Cuba's Role Behind the Turmoil in Venezuela
- Maduro Wants Talks With Obama, Not Opposition
- Their Sacrifice Will Not Be in Vain
- Iran Delegation Heads to Cuba, Syria & Lebanon
- ▼ 02/23 - 03/02 (29)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)