The U.N.'s Working Group on Arbitrary Detention ("WGAD"), part of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, has called for the release of Cuban independent labor leader, Ulises Gonzalez Moreno.
Gonzalez Moreno was imprisoned on November 15, 2012, for his organizing activities. He was accused of "pre-criminal social dangerousness," a nefarious charge commonly handed to political prisoners.
The WGAD has labeled Gonzalez Moreno's imprisonment as "arbitrary" and called for his "immediate release."
Wonder whether "worker's champion," U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT), will intervene on his behalf this weekend with the Castro regime.
at 10:45 AM Friday, February 7, 2014
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
02/02 - 02/09
- Quote of the Day
- Cuban Doctor Files Lawsuit in Brazil
- Over 70 Dissidents Arrested in Violent Raids
- Cuban Rocker Faces Sham Trial
- Shanker Institute Condemns Repression Against Prom...
- A Civil Rights Movement is Happening in Cuba
- Bernie Sanders Wants to Outsource U.S. Jobs to Cub...
- U.N. Working Group Calls for Imprisoned Labor Lead...
- Rubio on Cuba, CELAC's Hypocrisy
- Menendez Had Warned About Alfy Fanjul
- Note to Reuters: Being Pro-Democracy is Not "Anti-...
- Quote(s) of the Day: On Cuban Doctors in Brazil
- Tweet of the Day: From Brazilian Legislator
- Cuban Doctor in Brazil Seeks Asylum
- Cuban Democracy Leader Antunez Arrested, Missing
- CNN Poll: Castro Most Disliked Tyrant Among Americ...
- Obama's "Rodman-esque" Cuba Policy
- Tweet of the Day: On Most Disliked Tyrants
- Over 1,050 Political Arrests in January
- Diaz-Balart: Fanjul Should Focus on Freedom, Not L...
- Ros-Lehtinen: Fanjul's Actions Are Shameful
- Sugar Tycoon Eyes Sweet-Deal With Castro
- Tweet of the Day
- Quote of the Day
- Pena Nieto Is for Reform, Just Not in Cuba
- ▼ 02/02 - 02/09 (25)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)