From El Nuevo Herald:
Chavista paramilitary groups, which have been behind a great part of the violence seen in the protests in Venezuela, are being coordinated by Cuban personnel sent by Havana to help the government of Nicolas Maduro overcome the largest threat faced by the Bolivarian revolution in more than a decade.
Former Venezuelan intelligence agents and sources with direct access to active officers of the Bolivarian Armed Forces have told El Nuevo Herald that Cuba plays a leading role in the repression unleashed by Maduro against Venezuelan protesters. The Cubans are in charge of operations, which range for security around the presidential palace to the planning of arrests of opponents.
In what has had grave repercussions in the protests against Maduro, the Cubans have planned the operations of between 600 and 1,000 armed men who comprise the Chavista paramilitary groups, known as "colectivos."
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
03/16 - 03/23
- Watch Venezuela's Cynicism at the OAS
- Video the OAS Does Not Want You to See
- Putin's (et al.) Quiet Latin America Play
- Today's OAS Vote: Autocracy v. Democracy
- Quote of the Day: Maria Corina Machado
- Image of the Week: OAS Silence
- The Magnitude of Cuba-North Korea Arms Smuggling
- Goldberg Needs a Lesson on the Cuban Five (Three)
- Quote of the Day: Martinelli to Maduro
- Imprisoned Labor Leader in Grave Condition
- Castro Promotes Military Officer (Son-in-Law) at C...
- U.N. Expert: Cuba Hiding Info in Illegal Arms Prob...
- Cubans Lead Venezuelan Paramilitary Squads
- U.S. Highlights Human Rights Abuses in Cuba, Venez...
- Shocking: Cuba Denies It Will Allow Home Internet
- Two-Years Later: Sonia Garro Remains Arbitrarily I...
- Cuba Backs North Korea's Human Rights Abuses
- This Week: D.C. Screening of "CUBAMERICAN"
- Where's the Influence?
- Putting Castro's Repression Into Perspective
- Image of the Day: Venezuelans Against Cuban Interf...
- Tweet of the Day: Maduro is Rotten
- Video: Message From Venezuela's Students
- A Pro-Castro Soiree
- Unbelievable: U.S. Academics Urge Support for Madu...
- And Then There's Bachelet
- ▼ 03/16 - 03/23 (26)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)