From Iran's state media, Press TV:
Iran parliamentary team heads for Cuba, Venezuela
An Iranian parliamentary team has embarked on a six-day trip to Cuba and Venezuela despite attempts by the US to disrupt the visits by denying its airspace to the Russian plane carrying the lawmakers.
The parliamentary delegation, headed by Chairman of the National Security and Foreign Policy Committee of Majlis, Alaeddin Boroujerdi, left Tehran for the two Latin American countries early Monday.
The Iranian delegation was scheduled to travel to Cuba and Venezuela on Sunday. However, the trip was postponed after the US warned Aeroloft Russian Airlines that its airliner was not allowed to pass through US skies with the Iranian Majlis team on board.
Washington’s move made Iranian lawmakers set off for the two Latin American countries with a one-day delay, taking a different aerial route than the one previously planned.
Boroujerdi had earlier said that the planned trip was aimed at further strengthening Iran’s relations with the Latin American countries.
at 9:00 PM Monday, March 3, 2014
- ► 2016 (646)
- ► 2015 (1080)
03/02 - 03/09
- Honoring the Women of Cuba and Venezuela
- Does the Media's Cuba Misreporting Extend to Venez...
- French Banks Investigated for Sanctions Violations...
- Obama Sanctions Russian Aggressors. And Venezuela'...
- Cuba Reaffirms Intervention in Venezuela, Supports...
- Tweet of the Week: On Meeting Insulza
- Only One Poll Matters in Cuba Policy
- What NYT Doesn't Say About "Private Enterprise" in...
- Venezuelan Legislators Denounce Cuban Interference...
- Cuba Manipulates Health Care Statistics
- Chavez Mentor: Venezuela Has Been Occupied by the ...
- Will Miami-Dade County Keep Supporting Maduro's Al...
- Miami Congressman Talks Cuba Policy w/ NYT
- U.S. House Condemns Venezuela's Deadly Repression
- Six-Years Later: Raul's Signature "Reform" Fails
- Financial Times Proposes Castro (Putin) as "Peacef...
- Over 1,051 Political Arrests in February
- Putin (Castro) Has Europe's Number
- Iran Delegation Departs for Venezuela, Cuba in Rus...
- Obama Warns Russia on Ukraine Intervention, Silent...
- Video: Female Dissident's Protest in Central Havan...
- Kudos to Jared Leto, Kevin Spacey & Kerry Washingt...
- In My Humble Opinion, Pt. 47
- Tweet of the Day: Dictators Must be Confronted
- ▼ 03/02 - 03/09 (24)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)