The New York Times has an extensive interview with U.S. Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-FL) -- one of two Members of Congress who represent majority Cuban-American districts (the other is U.S. Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL)) -- on U.S. policy toward Cuba.
With the exception of the journalist's pithy editorializing in the intro and his proclivity to debate (rather than interview) -- leaving us no doubt of his bias -- it's a good piece.
It's long, so you can read it in its entirety here.
If you're not subscribed to NYT -- and don't want to -- see below or click here:
3-4-14 NYT Times Damien Cave Cuba
- ► 2016 (650)
- ► 2015 (1080)
03/02 - 03/09
- Honoring the Women of Cuba and Venezuela
- Does the Media's Cuba Misreporting Extend to Venez...
- French Banks Investigated for Sanctions Violations...
- Obama Sanctions Russian Aggressors. And Venezuela'...
- Cuba Reaffirms Intervention in Venezuela, Supports...
- Tweet of the Week: On Meeting Insulza
- Only One Poll Matters in Cuba Policy
- What NYT Doesn't Say About "Private Enterprise" in...
- Venezuelan Legislators Denounce Cuban Interference...
- Cuba Manipulates Health Care Statistics
- Chavez Mentor: Venezuela Has Been Occupied by the ...
- Will Miami-Dade County Keep Supporting Maduro's Al...
- Miami Congressman Talks Cuba Policy w/ NYT
- U.S. House Condemns Venezuela's Deadly Repression
- Six-Years Later: Raul's Signature "Reform" Fails
- Financial Times Proposes Castro (Putin) as "Peacef...
- Over 1,051 Political Arrests in February
- Putin (Castro) Has Europe's Number
- Iran Delegation Departs for Venezuela, Cuba in Rus...
- Obama Warns Russia on Ukraine Intervention, Silent...
- Video: Female Dissident's Protest in Central Havan...
- Kudos to Jared Leto, Kevin Spacey & Kerry Washingt...
- In My Humble Opinion, Pt. 47
- Tweet of the Day: Dictators Must be Confronted
- ▼ 03/02 - 03/09 (24)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)