Today, Venezuelan opposition leader, Maria Corina Machado, was invited to speak at the Organization of American States (OAS) by the Panamanian government.
The Venezuelan government and its allies were so afraid of what she had to say, that they made a motion to make it a private session, shutting out the public and the press.
The motion passed 22-11.
Which were the nations that supported secrecy and autocracy?
Obviously, Venezuela, joined by Brazil, Nicaragua, Uruguay, El Salvador, Argentina, Bolivia and the CARICOM nations.
Which were the nations that supported transparency and democracy?
Panama, which hosted Machado, along with the United States, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Costa Rica, Guatemala and Honduras.
A shameful spectacle.
- ► 2015 (175)
03/16 - 03/23
- Watch Venezuela's Cynicism at the OAS
- Video the OAS Does Not Want You to See
- Putin's (et al.) Quiet Latin America Play
- Today's OAS Vote: Autocracy v. Democracy
- Quote of the Day: Maria Corina Machado
- Image of the Week: OAS Silence
- The Magnitude of Cuba-North Korea Arms Smuggling
- Goldberg Needs a Lesson on the Cuban Five (Three)
- Quote of the Day: Martinelli to Maduro
- Imprisoned Labor Leader in Grave Condition
- Castro Promotes Military Officer (Son-in-Law) at C...
- U.N. Expert: Cuba Hiding Info in Illegal Arms Prob...
- Cubans Lead Venezuelan Paramilitary Squads
- U.S. Highlights Human Rights Abuses in Cuba, Venez...
- Shocking: Cuba Denies It Will Allow Home Internet
- Two-Years Later: Sonia Garro Remains Arbitrarily I...
- Cuba Backs North Korea's Human Rights Abuses
- This Week: D.C. Screening of "CUBAMERICAN"
- Where's the Influence?
- Putting Castro's Repression Into Perspective
- Image of the Day: Venezuelans Against Cuban Interf...
- Tweet of the Day: Maduro is Rotten
- Video: Message From Venezuela's Students
- A Pro-Castro Soiree
- Unbelievable: U.S. Academics Urge Support for Madu...
- And Then There's Bachelet
- ▼ 03/16 - 03/23 (26)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)