On March 18th, 2012, Sonia Garro, an Afro-Cuban member of The Ladies in White pro-democracy movement, was arbitrarily arrested by the Castro regime
Two years later, Garro remains imprisoned without charges or trial.
In the wave of repression leading up to Pope Benedict XVI's trip to Cuba, Castro's secret police raider her home, shot her with rubber bullets and imprisoned her.
She has been repeatedly abused and beaten in the infamous Manto Negro women's prison.
Garro's husband, Ramón Muñoz González, was also imprisoned on that day. He is being held -- without charges or trial -- in the Combinado del Este Prison.
Demand their freedom now.
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
03/16 - 03/23
- Watch Venezuela's Cynicism at the OAS
- Video the OAS Does Not Want You to See
- Putin's (et al.) Quiet Latin America Play
- Today's OAS Vote: Autocracy v. Democracy
- Quote of the Day: Maria Corina Machado
- Image of the Week: OAS Silence
- The Magnitude of Cuba-North Korea Arms Smuggling
- Goldberg Needs a Lesson on the Cuban Five (Three)
- Quote of the Day: Martinelli to Maduro
- Imprisoned Labor Leader in Grave Condition
- Castro Promotes Military Officer (Son-in-Law) at C...
- U.N. Expert: Cuba Hiding Info in Illegal Arms Prob...
- Cubans Lead Venezuelan Paramilitary Squads
- U.S. Highlights Human Rights Abuses in Cuba, Venez...
- Shocking: Cuba Denies It Will Allow Home Internet
- Two-Years Later: Sonia Garro Remains Arbitrarily I...
- Cuba Backs North Korea's Human Rights Abuses
- This Week: D.C. Screening of "CUBAMERICAN"
- Where's the Influence?
- Putting Castro's Repression Into Perspective
- Image of the Day: Venezuelans Against Cuban Interf...
- Tweet of the Day: Maduro is Rotten
- Video: Message From Venezuela's Students
- A Pro-Castro Soiree
- Unbelievable: U.S. Academics Urge Support for Madu...
- And Then There's Bachelet
- ▼ 03/16 - 03/23 (26)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)