U.N. will continue probe of Cuba-North Korea arms
The group of U.N. experts in charge of monitoring the compliance of international sanctions against North Korea will continue investigating for the case of the “Chong Chon Gang,” the vessel intercepted last year in Panama with a hidden shipment of Cuban weapons.
"We are going to continue. It's such an important case that we want to make sure we get to the bottom of the issue," said Martin Uden, the group's coordinator.
For the group of experts, the evidence "points to a clear and deliberate efforts to circumvent [U.N.] resolutions."
Uden insisted on this Tuesday, assuring that if there was nothing to hide, it wouldn't have been hidden under tons of sugar.
Among the issues to be resolved is revealing the individuals and entities who participated in the operation, which could imply sanctions against them.
The diplomat regretted that Cuba has not offered the U.N. all of the information its has requested.
- ► 2016 (646)
- ► 2015 (1080)
03/16 - 03/23
- Watch Venezuela's Cynicism at the OAS
- Video the OAS Does Not Want You to See
- Putin's (et al.) Quiet Latin America Play
- Today's OAS Vote: Autocracy v. Democracy
- Quote of the Day: Maria Corina Machado
- Image of the Week: OAS Silence
- The Magnitude of Cuba-North Korea Arms Smuggling
- Goldberg Needs a Lesson on the Cuban Five (Three)
- Quote of the Day: Martinelli to Maduro
- Imprisoned Labor Leader in Grave Condition
- Castro Promotes Military Officer (Son-in-Law) at C...
- U.N. Expert: Cuba Hiding Info in Illegal Arms Prob...
- Cubans Lead Venezuelan Paramilitary Squads
- U.S. Highlights Human Rights Abuses in Cuba, Venez...
- Shocking: Cuba Denies It Will Allow Home Internet
- Two-Years Later: Sonia Garro Remains Arbitrarily I...
- Cuba Backs North Korea's Human Rights Abuses
- This Week: D.C. Screening of "CUBAMERICAN"
- Where's the Influence?
- Putting Castro's Repression Into Perspective
- Image of the Day: Venezuelans Against Cuban Interf...
- Tweet of the Day: Maduro is Rotten
- Video: Message From Venezuela's Students
- A Pro-Castro Soiree
- Unbelievable: U.S. Academics Urge Support for Madu...
- And Then There's Bachelet
- ▼ 03/16 - 03/23 (26)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)