On Thursday, Melkis Faure Echevarria, a member of The Ladies in White pro-democracy group, took to a busy street in Central Havana to courageously protest against Castro's regime.
Holding a sheet with slogans against Cuba's dictatorship, Faure Echevarria called for freedom and human rights.
Note in the video how people quickly gathered around her. Moreover, when she was violently taken away by the authorities, bystanders sided with her against the repressors.
See the video below (courtesy of Hablemos Press):
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
03/02 - 03/09
- Honoring the Women of Cuba and Venezuela
- Does the Media's Cuba Misreporting Extend to Venez...
- French Banks Investigated for Sanctions Violations...
- Obama Sanctions Russian Aggressors. And Venezuela'...
- Cuba Reaffirms Intervention in Venezuela, Supports...
- Tweet of the Week: On Meeting Insulza
- Only One Poll Matters in Cuba Policy
- What NYT Doesn't Say About "Private Enterprise" in...
- Venezuelan Legislators Denounce Cuban Interference...
- Cuba Manipulates Health Care Statistics
- Chavez Mentor: Venezuela Has Been Occupied by the ...
- Will Miami-Dade County Keep Supporting Maduro's Al...
- Miami Congressman Talks Cuba Policy w/ NYT
- U.S. House Condemns Venezuela's Deadly Repression
- Six-Years Later: Raul's Signature "Reform" Fails
- Financial Times Proposes Castro (Putin) as "Peacef...
- Over 1,051 Political Arrests in February
- Putin (Castro) Has Europe's Number
- Iran Delegation Departs for Venezuela, Cuba in Rus...
- Obama Warns Russia on Ukraine Intervention, Silent...
- Video: Female Dissident's Protest in Central Havan...
- Kudos to Jared Leto, Kevin Spacey & Kerry Washingt...
- In My Humble Opinion, Pt. 47
- Tweet of the Day: Dictators Must be Confronted
- ▼ 03/02 - 03/09 (24)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)