Sen. Rubio: Imprisoned American Alan Gross is being held 'hostage' by Cuba
After spending four years imprisoned in Cuba, former American subcontractor Alan Gross has launched a hunger strike, trying to spur the U.S. and Cuba to resolve his case.
Gross, who was working for the U.S. Agency for International Development when he was arrested, was charged by a Cuban court in 2011 of being an American spy. USAID has said he was in the country working on a U.S. government project setting up satellite internet connections.
"He's a hostage. Under no normal law and order is providing internet access a crime, and therefore he's being held as a hostage," says Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Florida.
"The government of Cuba is trying to use him as a bargaining chip," and as a "pawn," Rubio said in an interview with CNN's "The Lead with Jake Tapper."
"He should be released immediately, he has done nothing wrong, he has committed no crimes," says Rubio.
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
04/06 - 04/13
- Families of Shootdown Victims: No Spies for Gross ...
- Amnesty "Prisoner of Conscience" Brutally Beaten
- French Group to Foreign Minister: Don't Ignore Rig...
- 26 Other Countries Where U.S. Funds Internet Freed...
- "Cuban Twitter" is Consistent With International L...
- Menendez Opening Statement in USAID Hearing
- Rubio Exchange With USAID Administrator
- Castro Resends Ransom Note for U.S. Hostage
- Cuba: 45-Year-Old Dissident Spent 23-Years as Poli...
- Ros-Lehtinen Questions USAID Administrator on "Cub...
- State Department Official's Timely Speech on Socia...
- Tweet of the Week: The Little Ladies in White
- Reminder: Cuba Ranks as World's 2nd Worst Internet...
- Video: Chairman Menendez's Cuba Speech
- Alan Gross is Being Held Hostage
- Rubio Questions Kerry on Venezuela, Cuba
- MH Editorial Board: "Cuban Twitter" is Commendable...
- MUST-READ: Chairman Menendez Floor Speech on Cuba
- Eight Facts About the "Cuban Twitter"
- Venezuela Provides Castro Private Luxury Jets
- Castro's "Murder, Inc."
- WaPo Editorial Board: "Cuban Twitter" Plan Should ...
- Confirmed: North Korea's Ambassador to Cuba Execut...
- In My Humble Opinion, Pt. 49
- Where's the Outrage? Why the Double-Standard? Who'...
- More AP Sensationalism on "Cuban Twitter"
- ▼ 04/06 - 04/13 (26)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)