The AP's sensationalism regarding efforts to provide the Cuban people with a social network platform ("Cuban Twitter") independent of the Castro regime seems to have no end.
Check out this headline:
'Cuban Twitter' heads to hearings in Congress
At first glance, one would think Congressional hearings had been called on the "Cuban Twitter" program.
Except its not true. And the AP knows it.
Note how creatively and misleadingly the opening paragraph is written:
"The head of the U.S. government agency that secretly created a 'Cuban Twitter' communications network designed to undermine the communist government in Cuba is expected to testify next week before a senator who thinks the whole idea was 'dumb, dumb, dumb.' The congressional hearing could resolve key questions around the clandestine program, including whether the Obama administration adequately informed lawmakers about its plans."
Once again, the average reader would think Congressional hearings had been called. And that's the impression the AP wants to give.
Yet, the fact remains that USAID Administrator Rajiv Shah has long been scheduled to testify this Tuesday before both the House and Senate Appropriations Subcommittees on the State Department and Foreign Operations.
It's part of an annual, administrative, routine budget hearing on a host of issues for Fiscal Year 2015.
The Senate Subcommittee is chaired by U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT), whose fake and hypocritical outrage will surely lead him to ask about the program.
But that's a far cry from the novel the AP would like you to read.
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
04/06 - 04/13
- Families of Shootdown Victims: No Spies for Gross ...
- Amnesty "Prisoner of Conscience" Brutally Beaten
- French Group to Foreign Minister: Don't Ignore Rig...
- 26 Other Countries Where U.S. Funds Internet Freed...
- "Cuban Twitter" is Consistent With International L...
- Menendez Opening Statement in USAID Hearing
- Rubio Exchange With USAID Administrator
- Castro Resends Ransom Note for U.S. Hostage
- Cuba: 45-Year-Old Dissident Spent 23-Years as Poli...
- Ros-Lehtinen Questions USAID Administrator on "Cub...
- State Department Official's Timely Speech on Socia...
- Tweet of the Week: The Little Ladies in White
- Reminder: Cuba Ranks as World's 2nd Worst Internet...
- Video: Chairman Menendez's Cuba Speech
- Alan Gross is Being Held Hostage
- Rubio Questions Kerry on Venezuela, Cuba
- MH Editorial Board: "Cuban Twitter" is Commendable...
- MUST-READ: Chairman Menendez Floor Speech on Cuba
- Eight Facts About the "Cuban Twitter"
- Venezuela Provides Castro Private Luxury Jets
- Castro's "Murder, Inc."
- WaPo Editorial Board: "Cuban Twitter" Plan Should ...
- Confirmed: North Korea's Ambassador to Cuba Execut...
- In My Humble Opinion, Pt. 49
- Where's the Outrage? Why the Double-Standard? Who'...
- More AP Sensationalism on "Cuban Twitter"
- ▼ 04/06 - 04/13 (26)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)