Last month, Treasury fined travel provider, CWT B.V., for Cuba sanctions violations.
This week, it has similarly fined Decolar.com.
From U.S. Treasury Department:
Decolar.com, Inc. Settles Potential Civil Liability for Apparent Violations of the Cuban Assets Control Regulations.
Decolar.com, Inc. (previously known as Despegar.com, Inc.), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Decolar"), a Delaware company with headquarters in Buenos Aires, Argentina, has agreed to pay $2,809,800 to settle potential civil liability for apparent violations of the Cuban Assets Control Regulations. 31 C.F.R. part 515 (the "CACR"). From March 2, 2009, through March 31, 2012, Decolar appears to have dealt in property in which Cuba or Cuban nationals had an interest when its foreign subsidiaries assisted 17,836 persons with flight reservations for travel between Cuba and countries other than the United States and/or hotel reservations for stays in Cuba, without authorization from OFAC.
- ► 2016 (650)
- ► 2015 (1080)
05/04 - 05/11
- Will Tehran be Charlie Crist's October Surprise?
- Outrageous: U.S. Company Sells Helicopters to Vene...
- Tweets of the Day: Cuba and Summit of the Americas...
- Bipartisan Senators v. Obama on Venezuela Sanction...
- The Plight of Alan Gross
- Quote of the Day: Europe's Policy Toward Putin (Ca...
- Recommendation: Reveal Intel on Cuba's Role in Ven...
- Who's Lying About Venezuela Sanctions?
- AIG Fined for Cuba Sanctions Violations
- Riddle Me This: On Cuban-American Politics
- Tweet of the Day: Three Newspapers, Only One Edito...
- Independent Cuban NGO's Excluded From LGBT Confere...
- Cuba's Regime Can't Be Trusted on Terrorism
- Another Travel Company Fined for Cuba Sanctions Vi...
- Quote of the Day: FARC Attacks Continue
- Venezuela: Unarmed Protestors Beaten, Shot
- Dictators Need No Excuses to Crack Down on Dissent...
- Cuba: Average Monthly Political Arrests Double in ...
- Memo to Sen. Bob Graham: Cuba's Oil Ambitions on (...
- Quote of the Week: Ileana Responds to Maduro
- Cuba Vows Support for a Nuclear Iran
- Eduardo Galeano Repents, Will His Adherents Follow...
- Tweet of the Day: #PressFreedomDay
- On #PressFreedomDay: Letter to Raul Castro
- ▼ 05/04 - 05/11 (24)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)