The Castro regime has just announced another extension of its consular services in the U.S. until September 2014.
This the second such extension, despite M&T Bank's decision last year to terminate Cuba's banking services and the Castro regime's hollow "threats" to cut off consular services ("travel") as a result.
As we have predicted all along -- the Castro regime is never going to sacrifice the hundreds of millions (if not billions) it reaps from current U.S. travel to Cuba.
It also sadly demonstrates -- despite what some in the U.S. government argue -- that the benefits the Castro regime reaps from U.S. travel greatly outweigh any costs it may impose to its rule.
Proving the indispensable value of U.S. travel income to the Castro regime -- we (once again) remind the State Department:
Want to see American hostage Alan Gross immediately released?
From Havana Times:
Cuba to Renew Passports of Citizens Living in the USA
The Cuban Interests Section in Washington today announced that it will renew expired passports of Cubans residing in the United States who plan to travel in the coming months to the island, reported dpa news.
The good news from the island’s diplomatic mission comes despite having yet to find a solution to the suspension of consular services because of not having a bank that will handle its accounts.
The Cuban Interests Section issued a statement calling the measure “temporary” that will “create conditions in our Consular Office to renew expired passports or those coming due from those citizens residing in the United States who are booked to travel to Cuba in the period May 15 to August 31, 2014.”
at 10:52 AM Tuesday, May 13, 2014
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
05/11 - 05/18
- Cuban Democracy Leader's Remarks at Johns Hopkins ...
- MH Editorial Board: Tighten the Screws on Venezuel...
- Taking China's (Cuba's) Statistics at Face Value
- Heeding Foreign Businessmen's Advice: Reasons Not ...
- Quote of the Day: Dictators Should Die in Jail
- Maduro Confidant Represses in Caracas, Does Busine...
- Godspeed Yoani: On 14ymedio
- Pope Francis Meets With Family of Deceased Cuban D...
- Tweet of the Day: Where Are the Cuba-in-Venezuela ...
- Russia, Cuba Deepen Intelligence-Sharing Links
- #KeepCuba on the Terrorism List
- Jacobson "Confused" About Venezuela Sanctions
- A Cause We've Inherited: Cuban-American Millennial...
- A Likely 5th Cuban-American House Member
- New Arrest in $240 Million Medicare Fraud Involvin...
- Havana: The Last Communist City
- Confirmation Hearing: Rubio Raises Mistreatment of...
- Cuba's "New" Foreign Investment Law Violates Inter...
- As Predicted, Travel Income is Indispensable For C...
- Does D.C. Stand for "Donate to Castro"?
- The "Dialogue" in Venezuela Is a Fraud
- On Mother's Day, Dozens of Ladies in White Arreste...
- Debate: U.S. Policy Toward Cuba (in Spanish)
- Shocking: Despite Raul's "Reforms," Chronic Shorta...
- Tweet of the Week: Every 24 Hours a Woman is Beate...
- Urgent Action: 243 Venezuelan Protesters Detained,...
- ▼ 05/11 - 05/18 (26)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)