This week, 14 Members of the U.S. House of Representatives wrote a letter to President Obama urging him not to sanction Venezuelan officials responsible for human rights violations.
Not surprisingly, the signatories are overwhelmingly the same Members of the Havana travel circuit, who regularly visit Cuba to meet with the Castro brothers and regime officials.
Then, they return to the United States singing the regime's praises, glossing-over human rights abuses and urging "normalization."
John Conyers (D-MI)
Hank Johnson (D-GA)
Raul Grijalva (D-AZ)
Karen Bass (D-CA)
Barbara Lee (D-CA)
James McGovern (D-MA)
Sam Farr (D-CA)
Chellie Pingree (D-ME)
Keith Ellison (D-MN)
Jan Schakownsky (D-IL)
Emanuel Cleaver (D-MO)
Jose Serrano (D-NY)
Michael Capuano (D-MA)
Peter Welch (D-VT)
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
05/25 - 06/01
- Obama Should Stick to Principled Cuba Policy
- Castro's Stalinist Law
- Enrique Krauze on Cuba, Castro & Gabo
- U.S. Chamber is Missing a Huge Opportunity
- U.S. Chamber CEO Meets Cuba's Only CEO
- From Cuba: An Overwhelming Response Against Liftin...
- Castro and Maduro (Also) Share U.S. Congressional ...
- Mexican Companies Shun Investing in Cuba
- Yoani Stumbles Upon an Important Contradiction
- Tweet of the Day: What Private Enterprise?
- Russia's Defiance, Europe's Shame & Cuba's Scam
- Quote of the Day: Human Rights are National Securi...
- House Passes Sanctions Against Venezuelan Official...
- Chairman Menendez's Letter to U.S. Chamber on Cuba...
- Quote of the Day: Biden on Cuba
- Castro's Men in Caracas
- Edward Snowden Admits He Was Trying to Reach Cuba
- Like Cuban-American Barbarians at the Gate
- The Priority is Freedom, Not Capital
- Say No to Castro's Oligarchs
- On This Memorial Day
- Ten Reasons Why Obama Shouldn't Ease Cuba Sanction...
- Democracy Rang Loudly on Sunday
- From Inside Cuba's Burning Fire
- ▼ 05/25 - 06/01 (24)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)