The Cuban Commission for Human Rights (CCHR) has documented 905 political arrests by the Castro regime during the month of April 2014.
This brings the tally of political arrests for the first four months of 2014 up to 3,814.
Moreover, it shows the average tally of monthly arrests in 2014 (954) has nearly doubled from 2013 (536) and nearly tripled from 2011 (344).
These are only political arrests that have been thoroughly documented. Many more are suspected.
More "reform" you can't believe in.
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
05/04 - 05/11
- Will Tehran be Charlie Crist's October Surprise?
- Outrageous: U.S. Company Sells Helicopters to Vene...
- Tweets of the Day: Cuba and Summit of the Americas...
- Bipartisan Senators v. Obama on Venezuela Sanction...
- The Plight of Alan Gross
- Quote of the Day: Europe's Policy Toward Putin (Ca...
- Recommendation: Reveal Intel on Cuba's Role in Ven...
- Who's Lying About Venezuela Sanctions?
- AIG Fined for Cuba Sanctions Violations
- Riddle Me This: On Cuban-American Politics
- Tweet of the Day: Three Newspapers, Only One Edito...
- Independent Cuban NGO's Excluded From LGBT Confere...
- Cuba's Regime Can't Be Trusted on Terrorism
- Another Travel Company Fined for Cuba Sanctions Vi...
- Quote of the Day: FARC Attacks Continue
- Venezuela: Unarmed Protestors Beaten, Shot
- Dictators Need No Excuses to Crack Down on Dissent...
- Cuba: Average Monthly Political Arrests Double in ...
- Memo to Sen. Bob Graham: Cuba's Oil Ambitions on (...
- Quote of the Week: Ileana Responds to Maduro
- Cuba Vows Support for a Nuclear Iran
- Eduardo Galeano Repents, Will His Adherents Follow...
- Tweet of the Day: #PressFreedomDay
- On #PressFreedomDay: Letter to Raul Castro
- ▼ 05/04 - 05/11 (24)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)