This week, neighborhoods throughout Havana awoke to graffiti with the logo of "Por Otra Cuba" ("For Another Cuba"), a campaign that demands the Castro regime ratify the U.N. Conventions on Civil and Political Rights, and on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.
Both Conventions were signed by Raul Castro in 2008, in a propaganda move widely praised by international news outlets.
However, they have yet to be ratified or applied in Cuba.
- ► 2016 (646)
- ► 2015 (1080)
05/18 - 05/25
- Over 60 Ladies in White Arrested to Impede Meeting...
- Quote of the Day: On the MININT
- Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous: Castro Edition
- Miami Herald Editorial Board: No Time to Ease Up o...
- Antunez Sends Message to Council of the Americas
- Tweet of the Day: State Department on #14ymedio
- Ros-Lehtinen: Hold Cuba Accountable for Illegal Ar...
- Rubio's Letter to U.S. Chamber on Cuba
- The Impunity of 21st Century Tyrants
- Cuba's Christian Liberation Movement Rejects Counc...
- Rubio Condems Cuba's Censorship of Yoani's News Si...
- The Venezuelan Nightmare
- Graffitti in Havana: #PorOtraCuba #ForAnotherCuba
- What the U.S. Chamber Won't Tell You About Cuba
- Cuba's Ladies in White Reject Council of the Ameri...
- What a Rockefeller Coincidence
- Young Cuban-Americans Remain Committed to a Free C...
- Senate Foreign Relations Committee Approves Venezu...
- Cuban Dissidents Reject Council of the Americas' P...
- A Lesson From U.S. Chamber President Tom Donohue's...
- A False Version of Independent Entrepreneurs and C...
- Here We Go Again: U.S. Chamber of Commerce Edition...
- The Council of the Americas' Derelict Cuba Letter
- Quote of the Week: Cuba Sanctions Are Bilateral Is...
- Funny (Yet Sadly True) Tweets of the Week
- ▼ 05/18 - 05/25 (25)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)