Not even for Mother's Day did the Castro regime take a reprieve from the beating and arrest of female democracy activists, known as The Ladies in White.
For the 44th Sunday in a row, dozens of peaceful activists were beaten and arrested as they tried to gather and attend Sunday Mass.
In Colon, province of Matanzas, 13 were arrested.
They are Tania Echeverria, Caridad Burunate, Asunción Carrillo, Aleida Cofiño, Yenisleydis Millo, Zaida Hernandez, Làzara Rodríguez, Maritza Acosta, Maira Garcìa, María Teresa Castellano, Alejandrina Garcìa, Niurka Perdomo and Yudaimis Fernandez.
In Cardenas, seven were arrested.
They are Leticia Ramos Herreria, Katiuska Rodriguez, Odalis Hernandez, Marisol Fernandez Socorro, Mercedes La Guardia, Hortensia Alfonso and Yamila Sendra Ruiz.
Meanwhile, over 20 were intercepted on the eve of Mother's Day in Santiago de Cuba, as they tried to gather at the home of one of the group's leaders. Six of them were arrested.
Finally, 17 were arrested in Palma Soriano.
The Ladies in White is a pro-democracy group that consists of the mothers, wives, daughters, sisters and other relatives of Cuban political prisoners.
More "reform" you can't believe in.
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
05/11 - 05/18
- Cuban Democracy Leader's Remarks at Johns Hopkins ...
- MH Editorial Board: Tighten the Screws on Venezuel...
- Taking China's (Cuba's) Statistics at Face Value
- Heeding Foreign Businessmen's Advice: Reasons Not ...
- Quote of the Day: Dictators Should Die in Jail
- Maduro Confidant Represses in Caracas, Does Busine...
- Godspeed Yoani: On 14ymedio
- Pope Francis Meets With Family of Deceased Cuban D...
- Tweet of the Day: Where Are the Cuba-in-Venezuela ...
- Russia, Cuba Deepen Intelligence-Sharing Links
- #KeepCuba on the Terrorism List
- Jacobson "Confused" About Venezuela Sanctions
- A Cause We've Inherited: Cuban-American Millennial...
- A Likely 5th Cuban-American House Member
- New Arrest in $240 Million Medicare Fraud Involvin...
- Havana: The Last Communist City
- Confirmation Hearing: Rubio Raises Mistreatment of...
- Cuba's "New" Foreign Investment Law Violates Inter...
- As Predicted, Travel Income is Indispensable For C...
- Does D.C. Stand for "Donate to Castro"?
- The "Dialogue" in Venezuela Is a Fraud
- On Mother's Day, Dozens of Ladies in White Arreste...
- Debate: U.S. Policy Toward Cuba (in Spanish)
- Shocking: Despite Raul's "Reforms," Chronic Shorta...
- Tweet of the Week: Every 24 Hours a Woman is Beate...
- Urgent Action: 243 Venezuelan Protesters Detained,...
- ▼ 05/11 - 05/18 (26)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)