For the 51st Sunday in a row, members of The Ladies in White were harassed and arrested by the Castro regime as they tried to attend Mass.
The Ladies in White are a pro-democracy group composed of the wives, mothers, daughters, sisters and other relative of Cuban political prisoners.
Among those arrested in the province of Matazans were Asunción Carrillo Hernàndez, Mayra Garcìa, María Teresa Castellano Valido, Leticia Ramos Herreria, Yamila Sendra Ruiz and Katiuska Rodríguez Rives.
Meanwhile, according to 14ymedio, 76 Ladies in White peacefully marched after Mass through Havana's 5th Avenue.
However, six of Havana's Ladies in White were arrested, along with blogger Agustín López and opposition activist Damián Prieto.
- ► 2016 (646)
- ► 2015 (1080)
06/29 - 07/06
- Putin Headed to Cuba Next Week
- Swiss Banking Regulators Take Tough Stance on Sanc...
- Why Sanctions Are Important
- On July 4th, the "Hard-Liners" Prevailed
- Another International Bank Pulls Out of Cuba
- More Banks Under Scrutiny for Sanctions Violations...
- U.S. Congressman Hosts Castro Regime Official in P...
- Nearly 1,000 Political Arrests in June, Arrests Qu...
- BNP Paribas Terminates Cuba Business
- Quote of the Week: On Doing Business in Cuba
- Tweet of the Week: Cubans Need More Than a Smartph...
- Google's Eric Schmidt Pulls a Pyongyang in Havana
- BNP Paribas Transacted $1.7 Billion With Cuban Reg...
- Castro Sends Message Through Imprisoned Canadian B...
- BNP Paribas Pleads Guilty, Will Pay $8.9 Billion f...
- 51st Sunday in a Row: Ladies in White Arrested in ...
- Cuban Pastor Detained, Religious Freedom Violation...
- While in Cuba, Argentine VP Indicted for Shady Dea...
- Chinese Teens Smuggled Into U.S. Through Cuba?
- Quote of the Week: Cuba's Havel and Walesa
- Image of the Week: Berta Soler Meets With German F...
- Cuban Dissident Headquarters Raided, a Dozen Arres...
- ▼ 06/29 - 07/06 (22)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)