It appears that the Cuban government is looking for someone to pay for its bills and vices amid the decline of Venezuelan subsidies. And since it has run out of doors to knock on, it has focused on the United States. The regime is making efforts towards this goal. It would be be the height of insult for the Castro government, which has poisoned Latin America with its anti-American policies, to end up receiving U.S. subsidies. Lifting the embargo would be a mistake without Cuba first respecting its people's fundamental human rights. Any negotiation that does not have this as its foundation, is detrimental to Cuba and the United States. If the U.S. allows financing towards Cuba, it will be U.S. taxpayers who would be sustaining the Castro regime.-- Rene Gomez Manzano, renowned Cuban dissident, former prisoner of conscience and independent lawyer, Diario las Americas, 6/16/14
at 6:56 PM Monday, June 16, 2014
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
06/15 - 06/22
- From The White House: On Mujica and Castro
- Cuba's Censors Slip
- MSNBC Questions FIU's Cuba Poll
- N.Y. Post: Let Cuba Know Holding U.S. Hostage Carr...
- State: Cuba Remains Major Child Sex, Forced Labor ...
- Cuba and Venezuela Reps. Clash With Dissidents at ...
- Cuba Crackdown
- Name This Lede: On Cuban-American Policy Attitudes...
- Tweet of the Day: Chairman Menendez Meets With You...
- Will the Media Correct its FIU Cuba Poll Stories?
- From The State Department: On Alan Gross
- Democracy Leaders v. Country Club Elites, Pt.2
- Our Condolences to the Gross Family
- FIU's Cuba Poll: Manipulations, Omissions and Cont...
- Quote of the Week: On Repression of Cuban Activist...
- Castro Losing Battle to Control the Internet
- New International Appeal to Free Cuban Rapper #ElC...
- Tweet(s) of the Day: Cuba Stifles Dissent at U.N.
- FIU's Fungible Cuba Poll
- Another Prominent Cuban Dissident: Lifting the Emb...
- U.N. to Hear Testimony of Foul Play in Oswaldo Pay...
- Is Cuba Headed Towards Another "Black Spring"?
- Is Hillary Clinton Using the Cuban Embargo as Her ...
- Cuban Democracy Leader Antunez Re-Arrested, to be ...
- Riddle Me This: If the Embargo is "Castro's Best F...
- On Cuba's Brave Democrats
- Castro Intensifies Support for Nuclear Iran
- Hillary Should Say "Cuba Si, Castro No"
- The Fate of Castro's Business Partners
- Asking Dictators For Permission
- ▼ 06/15 - 06/22 (30)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)