Notice how banks that get caught doing business with one state-sponsor of terrorism, also happen to be doing business with all other (or most other) state-sponsors of terrorism.
BNP pleads guilty, agrees to forfeit $8.8 bln in sanctions case
BNP Paribas on Monday pleaded guilty to two criminal charges and agreed to forfeit $8.83 billion, as part of a broad investigation into allegations the French bank violated U.S. sanctions laws.
A lawyer for BNP briefly appeared in New York state court on Monday, to answer one count of falsifying business records, and one count of conspiracy.
One of the prosecutors said BNP engaged in a "long-term, multi-jurisdictional conspiracy" to violate sanctions laws by facilitating transactions involving Sudan, Cuba, and Iran.
at 5:25 PM Monday, June 30, 2014
- ► 2016 (645)
- ► 2015 (1080)
06/29 - 07/06
- Putin Headed to Cuba Next Week
- Swiss Banking Regulators Take Tough Stance on Sanc...
- Why Sanctions Are Important
- On July 4th, the "Hard-Liners" Prevailed
- Another International Bank Pulls Out of Cuba
- More Banks Under Scrutiny for Sanctions Violations...
- U.S. Congressman Hosts Castro Regime Official in P...
- Nearly 1,000 Political Arrests in June, Arrests Qu...
- BNP Paribas Terminates Cuba Business
- Quote of the Week: On Doing Business in Cuba
- Tweet of the Week: Cubans Need More Than a Smartph...
- Google's Eric Schmidt Pulls a Pyongyang in Havana
- BNP Paribas Transacted $1.7 Billion With Cuban Reg...
- Castro Sends Message Through Imprisoned Canadian B...
- BNP Paribas Pleads Guilty, Will Pay $8.9 Billion f...
- 51st Sunday in a Row: Ladies in White Arrested in ...
- Cuban Pastor Detained, Religious Freedom Violation...
- While in Cuba, Argentine VP Indicted for Shady Dea...
- Chinese Teens Smuggled Into U.S. Through Cuba?
- Quote of the Week: Cuba's Havel and Walesa
- Image of the Week: Berta Soler Meets With German F...
- Cuban Dissident Headquarters Raided, a Dozen Arres...
- ▼ 06/29 - 07/06 (22)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)