From Trend News Agency:
Iran says it will never give up nuclear program
Iranian First Vice President Eshaq Jahangiri said that his country will never give up on its right to develop peaceful nuclear program.
"Iran is ready to clarify ambiguities in regards to its nuclear program," he said, adding that the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) can supervise the country's program.
"Some countries own nuclear weapons but they are signatory to the Non-Proliferation Treaty or NPT. They also never let the IAEA experts visit their nuclear sites," he explained
He made the remarks at a meeting with Cuban President Raul Castro in Bolivia on Sunday, Iran's IRNA news agency reported.
"Iran and Cuba has similar stance in regards to world bullies," Jahangiri added.
Castro, for his part, said that the US has caused trouble in each and every region it interfered.
"Washington's presence in the Middle East aims at influencing Iran," he explainred.
The meeting was held on the sidelines of the Group-77 plus China Summit in the Bolivian city of Santa Cruz.
During the meeting, the two sides also underlined the need for the further expansion of relations.
- ► 2016 (650)
- ► 2015 (1080)
06/15 - 06/22
- From The White House: On Mujica and Castro
- Cuba's Censors Slip
- MSNBC Questions FIU's Cuba Poll
- N.Y. Post: Let Cuba Know Holding U.S. Hostage Carr...
- State: Cuba Remains Major Child Sex, Forced Labor ...
- Cuba and Venezuela Reps. Clash With Dissidents at ...
- Cuba Crackdown
- Name This Lede: On Cuban-American Policy Attitudes...
- Tweet of the Day: Chairman Menendez Meets With You...
- Will the Media Correct its FIU Cuba Poll Stories?
- From The State Department: On Alan Gross
- Democracy Leaders v. Country Club Elites, Pt.2
- Our Condolences to the Gross Family
- FIU's Cuba Poll: Manipulations, Omissions and Cont...
- Quote of the Week: On Repression of Cuban Activist...
- Castro Losing Battle to Control the Internet
- New International Appeal to Free Cuban Rapper #ElC...
- Tweet(s) of the Day: Cuba Stifles Dissent at U.N.
- FIU's Fungible Cuba Poll
- Another Prominent Cuban Dissident: Lifting the Emb...
- U.N. to Hear Testimony of Foul Play in Oswaldo Pay...
- Is Cuba Headed Towards Another "Black Spring"?
- Is Hillary Clinton Using the Cuban Embargo as Her ...
- Cuban Democracy Leader Antunez Re-Arrested, to be ...
- Riddle Me This: If the Embargo is "Castro's Best F...
- On Cuba's Brave Democrats
- Castro Intensifies Support for Nuclear Iran
- Hillary Should Say "Cuba Si, Castro No"
- The Fate of Castro's Business Partners
- Asking Dictators For Permission
- ▼ 06/15 - 06/22 (30)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)