Last night, Castro's secret police raided the headquarters of the Cuban Patriotic Union (UNPACU) -- the island's largest opposition group -- and arrested a dozen of its activists, including its leader, former prisoner of conscience Jose Daniel Ferrer.
Nearly 40 regime officials, including the heavily-armed special forces known as "black berets" (below), were used to violently raid UNPACU's headquarters in Santiago de Cuba.
Those violently arrested were:
Anyer Antonio Blanco Rodríguez
Melki Fabre Hechavarria
José Daniel Ferrer García
Martha Beatriz Ferrer Cantillo
Belkys Cantillo Ramírez
Iriades Hernández Aguilera
David González Pérez
Vladimir Alarcón Mora
Maylin Isaac Sánchez
Lorenzo Malesu Isaac
Enma Isaac Sánchez
Enmanuel Robert Claramut
- ► 2016 (646)
- ► 2015 (1080)
06/29 - 07/06
- Putin Headed to Cuba Next Week
- Swiss Banking Regulators Take Tough Stance on Sanc...
- Why Sanctions Are Important
- On July 4th, the "Hard-Liners" Prevailed
- Another International Bank Pulls Out of Cuba
- More Banks Under Scrutiny for Sanctions Violations...
- U.S. Congressman Hosts Castro Regime Official in P...
- Nearly 1,000 Political Arrests in June, Arrests Qu...
- BNP Paribas Terminates Cuba Business
- Quote of the Week: On Doing Business in Cuba
- Tweet of the Week: Cubans Need More Than a Smartph...
- Google's Eric Schmidt Pulls a Pyongyang in Havana
- BNP Paribas Transacted $1.7 Billion With Cuban Reg...
- Castro Sends Message Through Imprisoned Canadian B...
- BNP Paribas Pleads Guilty, Will Pay $8.9 Billion f...
- 51st Sunday in a Row: Ladies in White Arrested in ...
- Cuban Pastor Detained, Religious Freedom Violation...
- While in Cuba, Argentine VP Indicted for Shady Dea...
- Chinese Teens Smuggled Into U.S. Through Cuba?
- Quote of the Week: Cuba's Havel and Walesa
- Image of the Week: Berta Soler Meets With German F...
- Cuban Dissident Headquarters Raided, a Dozen Arres...
- ▼ 06/29 - 07/06 (22)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)