Yesterday, pro-democracy groups held a parallel forum at the General Assembly of the Organization of American States (OAS), currently being held in Asuncion, Paraguay.
Cuban dissidents invited to attend this event had a run-in with OAS Secretary General, Jose Miguel Insulza.
Viezant Boloy, a Cuban independent lawyer and democracy activist, told Insulza:
"You abandoned us in Havana!" (referring to Insulza's attendance of the CELAC Summit there in January).
"I didn't see you," said Insulza.
"Of course you didn't, I was in prison along with other human rights defenders. You knew it and did nothing!" retorted Boloy.
(Boloy was arrested, along with other Cuban dissidents, for trying to organize a parallel human rights forum during CELAC in Havana.)
Here's the reason "Why the OAS is Irrelevant Today":
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
06/01 - 06/08
- We Support "Por Otra Cuba" ("For Another Cuba")
- Tweet of the Day: Cuba Doesn't Need a Foreign Inve...
- Where Are the "Self-Employed" and "Reform" Defende...
- Irony of the Week: Cuban Democracy Activists vs. H...
- The Tyranny of Experts
- Another American Hostage Taken
- Over 550 Cuban Democracy Activists Reject Efforts ...
- Report: Venezuela-Cuba Facilitate Infiltration of ...
- Has China Policy Failed? Or Has Cuba Policy Failed...
- Castro Regime Endorses Lobbying Efforts to Ease Sa...
- Quote of the Week: Raul's "Reforms" vs. Real Regul...
- This Saturday: CubAmerican Screening in Washington...
- Cuban Dissidents Launch Constitutional Change Init...
- You Forgot Havana, Mr. President
- From Within Cuba: An Analysis of the Embargo
- Cuban Dissidents Confront Insulza at OAS General A...
- Cuban Gay Rights Activist Brutally Beaten, Arreste...
- State: No Alan Gross for Cuban Five (Three) Exchan...
- Tweet of the Day: Castro's Rolex Marxism
- Quote of the Day: No Freedom Without Solidarity
- Charlie Crist's Numbers Plummet Among Cuban-Americ...
- Venezuela Transferred $18 Billion to Cuba
- After Taliban Exchange, Castro Reiterates Ransom D...
- WSJ: Foreign Investors Won't Liberate Cuba
- Over 1,120 Political Arrests in May
- Over 60 Ladies in White Arrested on Sunday
- On the Taliban Exchange (and Alan Gross)
- ▼ 06/01 - 06/08 (27)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)