The Castro regime has unleashed a violent crackdown against Cuba's democracy leaders.
Here's a summary:
At 6 a.m., Castro's secret police ransacked the home of Cuban democracy leader, Jorge Luis Garcia Perez "Antunez." He was beaten and arrested, along with his wife, Yris Perez Aguilera.
Roberto Guerra, a Cuban independent journalist and head of the Hablemos Press (CIHPRESS) news service, was beaten by Castro's security agents (pictured below).
Other CIHPRESS journalists, including Mario Hechavarria Driggs and Yeander Farres Delgado, were arrested. Meanwhile, a state security agent sought to intentionally strike Raul Ramirez Puig with a car.
Martha Beatriz Roque, former prisoner of conscience, was also intercepted and beaten by two agents outside her home.
Thirty members of The Ladies in White, including its leader Berta Soler, and twenty other democracy activists, were arrested as they tried to attend a trial involving one of their colleagues, Yanelis Cutino.
A half-dozen members of the Cuban Patriotic Union (UNPACU), including its leader Jose Daniel Ferrer, were intercepted, beaten and arrested as they traveled from Santiago de Cuba to Las Tunas.
For the 22nd week in a row, 27 UNPACU activists were arrested in Santa Clara, including its regional leader, Sakharov Prize recipient Guillermo Farinas, who is facing threats of being confined to a psychiatric hospital.
More "reform" you can't believe in.
- ► 2016 (646)
- ► 2015 (1080)
06/08 - 06/15
- Cuban Democracy Leader Arrested, Beaten for Suppor...
- Chairman Menendez on Dissident Crackdown in Cuba a...
- Rubio: Castro Regime's Repression Cannot be Ignore...
- Note From the Pro-Cuba, Anti-Castro Lobby
- State Department Condemns Detention of Democracy A...
- Top Dissidents Remain Imprisoned After Violent Cra...
- Over 830 Cuban Democracy Activists Sign Letter Aga...
- Cuban Dissidents Suffer Violent Crackdown
- Protests in Washington, Beatings and Arrests in Ha...
- The Case of Odebrecht in Venezuela
- U.S. Chamber Seeks Leniency on Terrorist Financing...
- Cubans Don't Believe Castro's "Excuses"
- Cuban LGBT Activist Remains Imprisoned
- A Sister's Response and Cuban Democracy Activists
- From Within Cuba: Changing Views (in Favor) of San...
- At Least Katrina's Honest About Her Sources
- A Principled Euro-Politician
- A Closer Look at Hillary Clinton's Cuba Revelation...
- What Threat Do These Women Pose to Cuba's Dictator...
- Alan Gross' Sister: Why Would You Encourage Touris...
- Poll: Charlie Crist Has a Serious Cuban-American P...
- ▼ 06/08 - 06/15 (21)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)