David Bustamante Rodriguez, a 21-year old gay rights activist, was arrested for holding a peaceful protest on the rooftop of his home in Santa Clara.
During the protest, he chanted "food and freedom" and held signs demanding the respect for human rights. He is now being accused of "public disorder."
David, who is HIV positive, was arrested and taken to an AIDS prison, where he brutally beaten.
He was left with a broken arm, ribs and hip.
Needless to say, Mariela Castro is nowhere to be found.
More "reform" you can't believe in.
- ► 2015 (545)
06/01 - 06/08
- We Support "Por Otra Cuba" ("For Another Cuba")
- Tweet of the Day: Cuba Doesn't Need a Foreign Inve...
- Where Are the "Self-Employed" and "Reform" Defende...
- Irony of the Week: Cuban Democracy Activists vs. H...
- The Tyranny of Experts
- Another American Hostage Taken
- Over 550 Cuban Democracy Activists Reject Efforts ...
- Report: Venezuela-Cuba Facilitate Infiltration of ...
- Has China Policy Failed? Or Has Cuba Policy Failed...
- Castro Regime Endorses Lobbying Efforts to Ease Sa...
- Quote of the Week: Raul's "Reforms" vs. Real Regul...
- This Saturday: CubAmerican Screening in Washington...
- Cuban Dissidents Launch Constitutional Change Init...
- You Forgot Havana, Mr. President
- From Within Cuba: An Analysis of the Embargo
- Cuban Dissidents Confront Insulza at OAS General A...
- Cuban Gay Rights Activist Brutally Beaten, Arreste...
- State: No Alan Gross for Cuban Five (Three) Exchan...
- Tweet of the Day: Castro's Rolex Marxism
- Quote of the Day: No Freedom Without Solidarity
- Charlie Crist's Numbers Plummet Among Cuban-Americ...
- Venezuela Transferred $18 Billion to Cuba
- After Taliban Exchange, Castro Reiterates Ransom D...
- WSJ: Foreign Investors Won't Liberate Cuba
- Over 1,120 Political Arrests in May
- Over 60 Ladies in White Arrested on Sunday
- On the Taliban Exchange (and Alan Gross)
- ▼ 06/01 - 06/08 (27)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)