Cuba’s continued incarceration of Alan Gross represents a significant impediment to a more constructive bilateral relationship and securing his immediate release remains a top priority of the United States. President Obama asked that President Mujica use any opportunity he might have to convey this same message to President Castro. With respect to Cuba, President Obama urged President Mujica to use his considerable credibility as a regional leader to encourage political and economic reforms in Cuba, noting that such measures would be well received by the United States and other members of the international community.-- Patrick Ventrell, National Security Council spokesman, The White House, 6/20/14
at 11:50 AM Saturday, June 21, 2014
- ► 2015 (545)
06/15 - 06/22
- From The White House: On Mujica and Castro
- Cuba's Censors Slip
- MSNBC Questions FIU's Cuba Poll
- N.Y. Post: Let Cuba Know Holding U.S. Hostage Carr...
- State: Cuba Remains Major Child Sex, Forced Labor ...
- Cuba and Venezuela Reps. Clash With Dissidents at ...
- Cuba Crackdown
- Name This Lede: On Cuban-American Policy Attitudes...
- Tweet of the Day: Chairman Menendez Meets With You...
- Will the Media Correct its FIU Cuba Poll Stories?
- From The State Department: On Alan Gross
- Democracy Leaders v. Country Club Elites, Pt.2
- Our Condolences to the Gross Family
- FIU's Cuba Poll: Manipulations, Omissions and Cont...
- Quote of the Week: On Repression of Cuban Activist...
- Castro Losing Battle to Control the Internet
- New International Appeal to Free Cuban Rapper #ElC...
- Tweet(s) of the Day: Cuba Stifles Dissent at U.N.
- FIU's Fungible Cuba Poll
- Another Prominent Cuban Dissident: Lifting the Emb...
- U.N. to Hear Testimony of Foul Play in Oswaldo Pay...
- Is Cuba Headed Towards Another "Black Spring"?
- Is Hillary Clinton Using the Cuban Embargo as Her ...
- Cuban Democracy Leader Antunez Re-Arrested, to be ...
- Riddle Me This: If the Embargo is "Castro's Best F...
- On Cuba's Brave Democrats
- Castro Intensifies Support for Nuclear Iran
- Hillary Should Say "Cuba Si, Castro No"
- The Fate of Castro's Business Partners
- Asking Dictators For Permission
- ▼ 06/15 - 06/22 (30)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)