This week, 574 Cuban democracy activists associated with the Civil Resistance Front, led by former prisoner of conscience Jorge Luis Garcia Perez "Antunez," courageously signed their names to a letter rejecting current efforts to ease U.S. sanctions.
Note: In Cuba, it's easy (and even wins you favor) to state opposition to U.S. sanctions, but expressing support is punishable with up to 15 years in prison.
These 574 democracy activists are in addition to recent statements against lifting U.S. sanctions by The Ladies in White, with hundred of members throughout the island; the Cuban Patriotic Union (UNPACU), with thousands of activists; Estado de Sats, the largest independent think-tank; The Emilia Project, led by Dr. Oscar Elias Biscet; and the Christian Liberation Movement, with its nation-wide presence.
Despite their courage and the fact that these activists are the ones suffering the brutal repression of the Castro regime, it's practically ignored in the media.
Meanwhile, former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton writes in her new book that she advised President Obama to ease sanctions -- against the wishes of these courageous Cuban activists on the ground -- and it's celebrated all over the media.
We proudly stand with Cuba's democracy activists.
at 8:06 PM Friday, June 6, 2014
06/01 - 06/08
- We Support "Por Otra Cuba" ("For Another Cuba")
- Tweet of the Day: Cuba Doesn't Need a Foreign Inve...
- Where Are the "Self-Employed" and "Reform" Defende...
- Irony of the Week: Cuban Democracy Activists vs. H...
- The Tyranny of Experts
- Another American Hostage Taken
- Over 550 Cuban Democracy Activists Reject Efforts ...
- Report: Venezuela-Cuba Facilitate Infiltration of ...
- Has China Policy Failed? Or Has Cuba Policy Failed...
- Castro Regime Endorses Lobbying Efforts to Ease Sa...
- Quote of the Week: Raul's "Reforms" vs. Real Regul...
- This Saturday: CubAmerican Screening in Washington...
- Cuban Dissidents Launch Constitutional Change Init...
- You Forgot Havana, Mr. President
- From Within Cuba: An Analysis of the Embargo
- Cuban Dissidents Confront Insulza at OAS General A...
- Cuban Gay Rights Activist Brutally Beaten, Arreste...
- State: No Alan Gross for Cuban Five (Three) Exchan...
- Tweet of the Day: Castro's Rolex Marxism
- Quote of the Day: No Freedom Without Solidarity
- Charlie Crist's Numbers Plummet Among Cuban-Americ...
- Venezuela Transferred $18 Billion to Cuba
- After Taliban Exchange, Castro Reiterates Ransom D...
- WSJ: Foreign Investors Won't Liberate Cuba
- Over 1,120 Political Arrests in May
- Over 60 Ladies in White Arrested on Sunday
- On the Taliban Exchange (and Alan Gross)
- ▼ 06/01 - 06/08 (27)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1043)
- ► 2009 (933)