Perhaps Tom Donohue and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce should have taken some time to meet with these courageous women last week.
Of course, he would have heard some unpleasant truths and it would have cost him an audience with Cuba's only CEO.
But doing the right thing isn't always the most expedient.
At least 60 members of The Ladies in White were arrested this weekend by the Castro regime, as they tried to attend Sunday Mass.
The Ladies in White is a pro-democracy group that consists of the wives, mothers, daughters, sisters and other relatives of Cuban political prisoners.
Dozens of arrests took place in the provinces of Matanzas and Santiago de Cuba.
Among those arrested were Mercedes de la Guardia Hernández, Katiuska Rodriguez Rives, Odalis Hernandez Hernandez, Yamila Sendra Ruiz, Leticia Ramos Herrería, Amada Rosa Herrería Rodríguez, Hortensia Alfonso Vega, Mercedes de la Guardia Hernàndez, Tania Echeverria Menendez, Caridad Burunate Gómez, Asunción Carrillo Hernandez, Làzara Rodríguez Roteta, Maritza Acosta Perdomo, Maira Garcìa Àlvarez, Maria Teresa Castellanos Valido, Alejandrina Garcìa de la Riva and Niurka Perdomo Gómez.
There were also at least 14 arrests in Holguin, 14 in Havana and 2 in Ciego de Avila.
More "reform" you can't believe in.
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
06/01 - 06/08
- We Support "Por Otra Cuba" ("For Another Cuba")
- Tweet of the Day: Cuba Doesn't Need a Foreign Inve...
- Where Are the "Self-Employed" and "Reform" Defende...
- Irony of the Week: Cuban Democracy Activists vs. H...
- The Tyranny of Experts
- Another American Hostage Taken
- Over 550 Cuban Democracy Activists Reject Efforts ...
- Report: Venezuela-Cuba Facilitate Infiltration of ...
- Has China Policy Failed? Or Has Cuba Policy Failed...
- Castro Regime Endorses Lobbying Efforts to Ease Sa...
- Quote of the Week: Raul's "Reforms" vs. Real Regul...
- This Saturday: CubAmerican Screening in Washington...
- Cuban Dissidents Launch Constitutional Change Init...
- You Forgot Havana, Mr. President
- From Within Cuba: An Analysis of the Embargo
- Cuban Dissidents Confront Insulza at OAS General A...
- Cuban Gay Rights Activist Brutally Beaten, Arreste...
- State: No Alan Gross for Cuban Five (Three) Exchan...
- Tweet of the Day: Castro's Rolex Marxism
- Quote of the Day: No Freedom Without Solidarity
- Charlie Crist's Numbers Plummet Among Cuban-Americ...
- Venezuela Transferred $18 Billion to Cuba
- After Taliban Exchange, Castro Reiterates Ransom D...
- WSJ: Foreign Investors Won't Liberate Cuba
- Over 1,120 Political Arrests in May
- Over 60 Ladies in White Arrested on Sunday
- On the Taliban Exchange (and Alan Gross)
- ▼ 06/01 - 06/08 (27)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)