Last week, we posted how Survey USA's tracking poll of the Florida gubernatorial race showed Charlie Crist's Cuban-American numbers plummet.
Since Crist began his campaign to lift the Cuban embargo, his numbers have gone from trailing Florida Governor Rick Scott by a small margin of 46-52% to now losing by over a 2-to-1 margin of 30-63%.
Today, these numbers were confirmed by a Bendixen poll conducted for The Miami Herald.
If even Bendixen, who always weighs his polls heavily for Democrats and against U.S. policy toward Cuba, says Crist has a problem -- then it must be big.
According to Bendixen's poll, Crist is trailing Scott among Cuban-Americans by a 30-58% margin.
Moreover, only 6% of Cuban-American voters said Crist's newly-found Cuba views make them more likely to support him, while 42% say the opposite.
As regards U.S. policy towards Cuba, the poll shows Cuban-American oppose lifting travel restrictions by a 51-42% margin.
Meanwhile, Cuban-Americans oppose lifting the overall embargo by a 56-36% margin.
And this is a Bendixen poll.
Any bets on another Crist flip-flop?
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
06/08 - 06/15
- Cuban Democracy Leader Arrested, Beaten for Suppor...
- Chairman Menendez on Dissident Crackdown in Cuba a...
- Rubio: Castro Regime's Repression Cannot be Ignore...
- Note From the Pro-Cuba, Anti-Castro Lobby
- State Department Condemns Detention of Democracy A...
- Top Dissidents Remain Imprisoned After Violent Cra...
- Over 830 Cuban Democracy Activists Sign Letter Aga...
- Cuban Dissidents Suffer Violent Crackdown
- Protests in Washington, Beatings and Arrests in Ha...
- The Case of Odebrecht in Venezuela
- U.S. Chamber Seeks Leniency on Terrorist Financing...
- Cubans Don't Believe Castro's "Excuses"
- Cuban LGBT Activist Remains Imprisoned
- A Sister's Response and Cuban Democracy Activists
- From Within Cuba: Changing Views (in Favor) of San...
- At Least Katrina's Honest About Her Sources
- A Principled Euro-Politician
- A Closer Look at Hillary Clinton's Cuba Revelation...
- What Threat Do These Women Pose to Cuba's Dictator...
- Alan Gross' Sister: Why Would You Encourage Touris...
- Poll: Charlie Crist Has a Serious Cuban-American P...
- ▼ 06/08 - 06/15 (21)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)